hf1

Anyone ever used a fluffle at night?

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Anyone ever used a fluffle at night?

Postby cazza1982_123 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Just wondered because I googled reusables at night and a website came up that said fluffles were suitable. I have 6 so it would be fab if I could use them at night but not sure. Obviously they would need to be boosted but how would you go about this? Stuff inside with a couple of bamboo boosters or something? Then what kind of wrap would you have over the top?
Hope someone has some ideas.... Ta! xx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Anyone ever used a fluffle at night?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:23 pm

hiya, we have used a fluffle overnight b4, size 1 though, the size 2's i have look huge! we just put a slightly larger wrap over the top and he was fine, would be fine under wool and fleece too i'd imagine. worth a try though, although some people do not get on with fluffles, i forget the reasons but sure someone will pop up and say. gotta be worth a try though if u have them, as long as the wrap fits well i'd say you'd be fine

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 am

We used to use fluffles at night (before converting to WNNNs and UDNNs). They were great as long as I put extra bamboo and hemp in the pocket.

Easy peasy sell hemp and bamboo boosters cheaply.

I use fleece or wool overnight - as it is breathable. With fluffles I used to use tots fleece wraps or stacinator fleece wraps. Flongies would be great for winter too.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:06 am

Some people get on ok with fluffles overnight, it depends how heavy a wetter your LO is. MF isn't great for heavy wetters at all as when its saturated it tends to squish out liquid when compressed causing wicking. I'd try one and see how you get on.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:19 pm

we tried a fluffle overnight one, never again :giggle: in the morning the nappy was surprisingly dry, but the pj's sleeping bag and cot sheets were drenched :roll:

seems the wee went straight through the nappy, through the fleece wrap and soaked into all the lovely absorbant cotton the girls were wearing!

If you have some try them 1 night and see how you get on, I know some people get on well with them

jan x

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Well I might give it a try although really must buy some fleece wraps as I don't have any at the mo and have been using a motherease airflow (on top of a fleece lollipop - not sure if I actually needed the wrap with that nappy but there you go!). How good are the easypeasy hemp and bamboo boosters by the way? I've found them on the net, they are very reasonably priced. Would you just need one of each to boost the fluffle?
Thanks! Caroline xx

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I have the hemp ones and they are excellent. The bamboo ones are supposed to be too (I already had enough WN bamboo when I heard about easy peasy). I would try a couple and see how wet 2/3 a mix of bamboo and hemp in the pocket and see how wet they are in the morning.

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Well I have taken a chance and LO is in the fluffle - boosted with 3 bamboo boosters (one of them is an actual modern baby nappy and one of the boosters is folded in two at the front!) fingers crossed we will see how it goes :shock: :shock: :D

Thanks for the tips. think i'm going to invest in the easy peasy boosters. note to self must stop spending!! x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:22 am

I hope it worked!

Next

Return to Night Nappies