hf1

Night Nappy & Wool question...

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Night Nappy & Wool question...

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 pm

I'm thinking of venturing into night nappies as we seem to have the days sussed now :) .
Do wool soakers have to be snug around the legs? I'm thinking of getting a WNNN as the WN SS work really well, but I'm not sure what to put over the top. Don't really like the idea of PUL all night, but not sure whether to try fleece or wool (or both??) (BTW Nannie can knit - so I may have to ask her to do me a favour! :giggle: )

Karen
Last edited by quinnsfluffybum on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Wool question...

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Well I say try it - you'll be pleasantly surprised! Ive just started to use wool at night. Most of the time my daughter leaks through her nappies, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. But she never leaks thru the wool soakers/longies i put on her. And as long as there isnt poo on them, just turn them inside out to air for a few hrs and you can use them again and again and again! Maybe wash & shave them now n again for a freshen up. She's using 2 soakers atm which arent tight on the legs at all, and they still do their job.
I dont use fleece so cant comment on that. Wool is just as effective as PUL, but is obviously much better for baby. HTH x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:45 am

We only use wool at night and 99% of the day too...its magic stuff! :mrgreen: I would guess that as long as there is no nappy sticking out then you will be fine :thumbsup:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 am

We use wool or fleece and they are both really effective imo. Fleece doesn't need to be lanolised and is much quicker drying. Wool doesn't need to be washed after every use, unlike fleece.
Last edited by 2climbingboys on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:24 am

We love wool here too, it's fab!!!! I have a soaker that isn't tight round the legs and it's always worked fine for us.

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks- you guys really are the font of all knowledge when it comes to fluff info.
Oh no! Just seen the forum section on wool. Doh! :giggle: Guess I should've put this in there!!

I'm def going to take the plunge after all your positive advice. Just got to order a WNNN & sort out the woolies, then find some patience from somewhere while I wait for them to arrive....

Also, do any of you use Bumhuggers overnight? I've had these recommended to me, but should I just stick to the WN as I know the shape suits DS??

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Night Nappy & Wool question...

Postby bedheaduk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:11 am

We use Bumhuggers over night and we get on really well with them. I normally fold the booster to the front and stick an extra babmboo booster in and they easily last Barney 12-13 hours under wool. There isn't ha huge amount of space for extra stuffing as they are quite narrow, but if your lo isn't a very heavy wetter they are definitely worth a try.
xx

Return to Night Nappies