hf1

Anyone ever used Drybees at night?

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Anyone ever used Drybees at night?

Postby cazza1982_123 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Hello, yet another nighttime cloth question! Have ordered a couple of preloved nighttime drybees and was just wondering if anyone else has used them, how they stuffed them and overall effectiveness etc. Ta ladies! x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Anyone ever used Drybees at night?

Postby Annette » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I have never tried Drybees - did yours arrive? How did you get on overnight?

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:16 pm

I have used a drybees night nappy, it was what first really coverted us to cloth! The first time we used one, Jude slept through the night. I stuffed with a few microfibre cloths and a GA insert to start with, then learnt about the different types of inserts over time and started using the GK bamboo inserts and ditched the cloths. I stopped using them only because I had problems getting hold of a large, Jude outgrew our mediums. (and I discovered OBV :roll: ) The pockets are quite roomy and can fit quite a lot in, but it is a big bum!! :giggle:
Overall, they are pretty good IMO, not that pretty but reliable, depending on what you stuff with, and the legs are very stretchy and gathered so hold all the nasties in well. They are similar to a Minki nappy.

hth, let us know how you got on. x

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi there, ta 4 replies!
Well when I first used them they were fab but the past couple of nights his lollipop and drybee both leaked on the left hand side. Nothing terrible but he was quite damp up his left side. Don't know if I've done anything different in stuffing them and the inserts don't seem soaked all the way through so not sure what to do. Last night I put 3 thin bamboo boosters over an EP hemp. Is it possible that I overstuffed? Going to try him with the other drybees tonight with the UD hemp insert with this old prefold over the top - that worked well when I tried that combo last week.

Any tips? xx :hug: :hug:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 pm

It could be overstuffing and leg gape (we get this with pockets and some night nappies), but maybe try strip washing just to make sure they're not wicking for that reason?

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:53 pm

mamaellie wrote:It could be overstuffing and leg gape (we get this with pockets and some night nappies), but maybe try strip washing just to make sure they're not wicking for that reason?

WSS
If the inserts are not soaked all the way through there may be leg gape from how he lies (sounds like a side sleeper like my boy!) Maybe pop something really absorbant like a microfibre cloth on top so it catches the wee quickly and gives the bamboo and hemp time to soak it up IYSWIM?

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I don't think they need a stripwash but I may do one anyway just to be sure. Will see how we get on tonight and then try the microfibre cloth added tomorrow night! They really do fit so well so thats why I really want to give these a chance - esp as they were working so well before. Maybe I have just put in too much bamboo and hemp and need to add something more quick absorbing on top! Ah these night nappies are so fickle! Just spent two hours getting my LO down tonight, v unlike him! Lets see how the drybees goes tonight! xx

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Urgh it leaked! Am going to try his lollipop tonight with 2 EP hemp, a bamboo prefold and a microfibre cloth. Was feeling so good that he was in cloth overnight and its all going wrong now!! :crossbaby: :crossbaby: :crossbaby:

Return to Night Nappies