Sore thighs..... will this help?

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Sore thighs..... will this help?

Postby sportyminx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi,
We are currently using a boosted shaped terry (unbranded tots basically) and fleece soaker overnight for Naomi, but her thighs are really sore in the morning...... she has mild eczema and easily irritated skin. Anyway the soaker is working fine and not leaving marks.... however her thighs have a horrible spotty red ring around the front, which becomes dry and scaly through the day. Not having any problems with her higher cut ittis/WNSS/UDSS and similar in the day.

I am thinking it is because we are having to pull the cotton incredibly tight around the thigh (chunky thigh, skinny waist) to get a good fit around the waist. I was wondering if all would be solved by stopping with the cotton nippa terrys and investing in some OBV (very soft?) WNNN instead as they will be fully fleece or minkee lined and also because they are SS then I can do the waist and thigh at different adjustments.

Also no idea whether to get medium or large - she wears medium SS pockets, but they are a very trim fit on her chunky thighs...... measurements which would honestly suit are 16inch waist, 9.5inch thigh and 17ish inch rise - however I know the rise on the large is much higher than this :-? She weighs about 17ish lbs at 12<nearly 13>months.

Advice would be gratefully appreciated as I have no idea of the way forward..... my other option is disposables :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Sore thighs..... will this help?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Have you tried using an extra large fleece liner in the nappy? Make sure it sticks out of the nappy thus protecting the legs...

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi, thanks, yes I tried that last night, lay a liner in which was bigger than the width of the nappy, did it up and left the remained hanging out - was so sure it would solve the problem, but it didn't stay put and was hanging down her leg one side this morning :shock: :-? However I did notice that both sides were the same <i.e. the one where the fleece was covering and the one where it wasn't > I will try this again tomorrow night!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Your dd is about the same measurements and weight as my 5 month old son.we are about to move to large wnnn due to chunky thighs.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Thank you Lexis - greatly reassured as took the plunge and ordered 4 yesterday in large - can't wait for them to arrive as we are back in disposables overnight until they do!

Return to Night Nappies