Heavy wetter-WNNN and Bedbug Q's

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Heavy wetter-WNNN and Bedbug Q's

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm

WNNN questions

I'm not sure whether to just order the standard NN with the 2 layers of mf behind the stay dry layer or whether to order an all bamboo one for extra absorbancy (I use fleece liners anyway so having no stay dry layer isn't an issue)

Will 2 extra layers of bamboo add much extra absorbancy to the nappy?

Bedbug questions

They seem to have an awful lot of mf in them for a night nappy so I was wondering if those of you with heavy wetters find that they can last you 12 hours overnight? Do they need additional boosting or can you just use them as they are with wool over the top? If they need additional boosting do you find you get leg gaping once boosted?

Are Bedbugs likely to be easy to sell on if they don't work for Findlay? If they are I'm tempted to order a WNNN and a Bedbug and then if I find one or both don't work for him then sell them on.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Heavy wetter-WNNN and Bedbug Q's

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

hi there, i'll try and help, but am sure others will too!

wnnn 2 layers? i think my new one has more than that in it, it has a fold in half booster that sits in a kind of pocket, then a trifold long booster that snaps in the back, so that's a good 5 layers, lots of people find these v good for heavy wetters.

bedbugs, alot of people with heavy wetters do not seem to get on with these, due to the wee being squeezed out the microfibre (i think) and for alot of people these do not work, however the resale value on them is quite good, nice colourful ones often get snapped up quickly, i'd say out of the 2 the wnnn would prob be the better choice

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:44 pm

AFAIK both bedbugs and WNNNs have a small amount of mf in to allow quick absorption of the wee. I wouldn't say bedbugs have a large amount of mf in though I'd say it was comparable to the amount in a WNNN - just one layer in the core and in both boosters. Katie isn't a particularly heavy wetter though and we can't use bedbugs at night without boosting them. I have one on order with cotton instead of the mf so if you're going to order a custom bedbug I'd ask for that instead. Both WNNNs and bedbugs sell well so if you don't get on with either you'll have no problems selling them on.

HTH

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 pm

knew someone would come along and put it a bit better! thanks louise :giggle:

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Esme is a moderate wetter and we use both WNNN and Bedbugs. Our WNNN are all version.2 so can't comment on the latest version, but these are the only night nappies we have used that need no extra boosting (we have minkee and obv ones). Also love bedbugs, but I do always put a hemp booster in. For Esme this doesn't cause any fitting problems around the legs and we get a good 12-13 hours from it. Lovely colours too and so squishy!! Don't know if that helps because we really like them both :giggle:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Thank you everyone! Will order a WNNN with no mf and see how we get on with it :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm

We can't use Befbugs at all. Bella utterly soaked them.

I got Bella's last (newest style) WNNN made without any MF in it at all. The snap-on booster is completely bamboo topped with BV. I'm not sure if it does make that much difference, but I don't have to boost it at all. In fact, there have been mornings where the outer is quite dry!!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 pm

Charlotte is a heavy wetter. I use Bedbugs, HO, and GM at night. The HO stays the driest, with no boosting needed. GM needs boosting (ep hemp underneath) and the Bedbugs need to be boosted with hemp too, but do end up quite wet on the outer. Wool is an absolute must with bedbugs! As far as leg gape goes, it doesnt affect the GM at all, and the Bedbug only a tiny bit, but not enough to matter tbh.
I have a new version WNNN being made up at the moment, so cant wait to try that!

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Never had a WNNN, but we have one on order like Tanya's (no mf and inspired by Tanya's actually!)

Juliet wees through the bedbug with two ep boosters and its own boosters and ends up with wet wool and sleeping bag, so we just can't use it overnight (she out-weed a pampers in 10 hours last night, too, just to give you an idea), but loads of people on here have good success with them.

Next

Return to Night Nappies