Morning...advice needed

My avatar
Laura_Carter
Clothie
Clothie

Morning...advice needed

Postby Laura_Carter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:55 am

Morning Ladies :idea:

I'm fairly new to the world of cloth, my LO is almost 10 weeks old and we use BG V3, Little Lamb Bamboo and Bamboozles during the day. I am guilty of still using spossies at night and wondered if you could advise me on a good night nappy please?

We don't get on well with Airflow or Rikki wraps, the elastic irrates Alejando's thighs :( I think he is also a heavy wetter.

I would love to use cloth at night so please help!

Thank you

Laura & Alejandro xx

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Morning...advice needed

Postby MaryMoon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 am

Hi :idea:

Welcome to the board. Not very good with nappy advice sorry but there are plenty on here who will be able to help loads. There is also a night nappy board where you will find loads of info.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:05 am

:idea: Welcome to CNT. I've moved this to the night nappy section as its more appropriate than general chat. :wink: Most of us use either wool or fleece at night as it is more breathable than PUL and IMO mre comfortable too. I only use wool over fitteds during the day too with the occasional pocket use. If your son is a heavy wetter you are better looking at a specific night nappy rather than trying to boost a daytime one. I use Flutterby Night nappies on my DD although they are hard to get hold of. My son wears a Standard Minki with lots of stuffing overnight. Others use bedbugs, WeeNotions Night Notions, Upsy Daisy night nappies, huggles, bamboo baby beehinds to name a few.

My avatar
Laura_Carter
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Laura_Carter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks Louise :idea:

Still trying to find my way around this site!

x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 am

At 10 weeks wie were either changing in the night or using a disposable...We started using a dedicated night nappy at around 4.5months so it hasnt been that long. We use bedbugs and have a couple of weenotions night notions coming to us to try out too :)

Good luck and congrats on your little one :wine: :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:34 am

Hi. I also didn't start using night nappies until I didn't have to change them during the night. To begin with I changed them at the 10pm dream feed - but soon stoped that too! I've found huggles to be a good nappy to start with. There's plenty of room to add more booster if needed and the size small is big! So there's plenty of growing room which is important when thery are little. They do take a while to dry so you'd probably need 3. As a new user of cloth too its easy to get 'worried' about night nappies but to be honest there's nothing to it! And as long as you add plenty of boosting not much can go wrong. I started over cautious and added loads of boosters rather than start with nothing and add. So I have no idea if they really need it. Amanda

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Laura_Carter
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Laura_Carter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:09 am

thanks, Alex must be getting on for 14lb! my little chunk!

Do you think it's worth buying pre-loved? or perhaps just one nappy to start with?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 am

deffinatly buy pre-loved to try things out, it has saved me a fortune becuase inevitably there are some things you wont like and then you havent spent a fortune :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 am

:idea: Welcome
We use bamboo baby beehinds and bamboo little lambs on Gracie over night, ion the bbh's I had a really small bamboo booster and in the ll's I add a bamboo terry square and an easy peasy hemp insert and it works great overnight. I also didn't start using night nappies until later on (about 5 months :oops: ) cos I wasn't brave enough, Gracie started sleeping through at 5 weeks so we really should have started then, ah well.
Buying pre-loved is def the best thing to do, you get to try out different kinds with out paying full price. x

Next

Return to Night Nappies