hf1

heavy wetter help please

My avatar
julessid
Clothie
Clothie

heavy wetter help please

Postby julessid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi DD is 14 months and for nights we are using a large minki huggle stuffed with a bamboo prefold. whether we use pul

wraps, fleece or wool she is always soaked through on a morning,

she does sleep 14 hours through which probably doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can use to keep her dry?

Thanks, Jules x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: heavy wetter help please

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Have you tried the New WNNN we find these really good, we have the OBV outer and we put an extra hemp insert in the nappy and use well lanolised woolies at night

You could try using wool and then a fleece sleepsuit on top so there is extra protection there.

We use UDNN french soy but im having to boost them with 3 more boosters to get them to last at the moment :-?

Im sure someone will be around with better advise :wink:
Sarah

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Could you fit anymore stuffing into the huggle - or perhaps boost between the nappy and wrap?

Does the nappy leak or is it just very wet? Like you say, it is always going to be pretty sodden after 14 hours

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree with both pp.

You need hemp boosters, definitely.

And the new WNNN is sent from above, IMO-- I've never ever had a nappy I could get away with overnight with only 1 hemp booster (well, not beyond 3-ish months), but this one was barely damp on the outside and that was without any prewashes. I'm sold.

My avatar
julessid
Clothie
Clothie

Postby julessid » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies, I've ordered some WNNN and bought some pre loved ones and some more longies so hopefully we shall be sorted soon.

Theres nothing worse than co-sleeeping with a baby who wakes up soaked with pee :hohoho:

Jules

Return to Night Nappies