hf1

How much stuffing??

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

How much stuffing??

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Hiya. Just wondered how much stuffing you all use in your nightnappies as LO's have leaked the past couple of nights. Not sure if I'm overstuffing in the middle or not filling the pocket properly round the back! Think maybe I need bigger boosters to go with my large nappies?? x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: How much stuffing??

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:41 pm

How heavy a wetter is your LO? It really depends on that as to how much you need to stuff your nappies with. What are you using inside the pocket? Bamboo and hemp are more absorbent than cotton and mf. Also overstuffing can lead to leg gape and consequently leaks. I use fleece outer Minki pockets at night on my 4 year old. I stuff them with 2 P'tit Dessous bamboo inserts and 2 Easy Peasy Hemp inserts or 2 bamboo terry squares and 3 Easy Peasy Hemp inserts. Although the inserts are completely saturated by morning we never have any leaks.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 pm

On the very rare occasion I use a pocket I put in a petite dessous and 2 easy peasy inserts x

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks for the replies. Am stuffing them with hemp and bamboo although don't have proper insert size bamboo yet and am just using bamboo boosters. Last night I used an EP hemp with 3 bamboo boosters on top (one folding in half nearer the front of the nappy). Not all of the layers were really wet but he was wet up his side. Didn't look like an overstuffing issue as the nappy looked like it fitted really well. Part of the inner fleece (or whatever material it is lol) was sticking out the back of the nappy (where the pocket is). Is it possible that it wicked onto his clothing? x

Return to Night Nappies