Help Please

My avatar
rcf100
Clothie
Clothie

Help Please

Postby rcf100 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi Everyone I need a little help:

I'm loving the shaped nappies and my girly is only 9.5 weeks so in size 1's - not a huge fan of BTP's.

I've a variety of nappies that I use during the day but the most absorbant ones I have are my Bamboozles but these just aren't cutting the mustard at night anymore. She's a great sleeper and gets changed before her dream feed at 11pm, and stays in this through to 8am and Bamboozles are absolutely sodden.

Please can I have some recommendations on a size 1 shaped night nappy

Thanks

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help Please

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:54 am

A lot on here recommend WeeNotions Night Notions at night - they are meant to be very absorbant for a shaped night nappy. I have one on order, and am hoping that they'll be great for us! :D

The website is www.weenotions.co.uk.

Sarah
x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:55 am

The new weenotions night notions are amazing, my sons was hardly wet at all this morning! and that was after 13 hours! :wine:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:13 am

WNNN are great. We also use soy Upsy Daisy Night nappies & Holden's Landing's bedbugs or Wee Notions Northern Lights are a good bit more absorbant that bamboozles too.

Flutterby Fluff Nights are supposed to be excellent too, but I haven't managed to get hold of one yet.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:22 am

Lovewee bamboo night nappies are really good too

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:29 am

You really need a specific night nappy, most people can't get away with using a daytime nappy for nights. We use Flutterby Nights and have used bedbugs and dreamscapes in the past. Others use Minki huggles, bumhuggers, bamboo baby beehinds, Upsy Daisy night nappies, WeeNotions Night Notions. Using wool or fleece over the night nappy rather than a PUL wrap will also help as they are both breathable and allow some of the moisture to evaporate so the nappy isn't as wet in the morning. Minki pocket nappies also work well overnight, particularly fleece outer ones.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:20 am

i agree that lovewees are fantastic & a nippa fit so can be adjusted well.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 pm

I'd highly recommend LoveWee too, and bamboo Baby Beehinds. I havent found any night nappies to be as absorbent as those two (yet!). Make sure you use a hemp booster as the bottom layer, and that will increase absorbency massively. Use a wool soaker or longies too, and that'll be you sorted :wink: :D

My avatar
rcf100
Clothie
Clothie

Postby rcf100 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks for all the info - I have a Minki pocket with fleece outer so I'll try that on her tomorrow. I've also ordered/bidding on a few of the recommendations that I can find cheaply on various sites, so hopefully I'll have a Bumble, Huggle, Quick Flip, BBH & bumhugger if all goes to plan. I can't find any of the others cheap enough to warrant a trial, but I'll keep an eye out for them

Return to Night Nappies