hf1

First night in cloth tonight - update :)

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

First night in cloth tonight - update :)

Postby Lynni » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello :idea:

Going to try cloth for the first time overnight but I'm not entirely sure I know what I'm doing :oops: We have a wool soaker and fitteds, the fitteds are all preloved - Bedbug, puddlekins night nappy and 2 popolini's (I think). I have some long hemp inserts, do I put that in the nappy or outside in between nappy and soaker? How many to be on the safe side? Can she still wear her vest or will that cause wicking? It's so cold here tonight :-?

Oooh it's exciting but I feel quite nervous as well! Would be fab if we could get rid of sposies altogether
Last edited by Lynni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: First night in cloth tonight

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 pm

I would go with the puddlekins, inside it put a hemp insert and on top of that put a fleece liner so thats what is touching your lo's bottom. Put on the soaker, and if possible I would leave the vest unpoppered, then pop on the pjs over the top.

Good luck with it :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:56 pm

I agree ith Sadie, but if you have a small cotton or even MF insert to put on top of the hemp, that would work a bit better as it would soak the urine up quickly then release it to the hemp, which is slower to absorb liquid.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I agree ith Sadie, but if you have a small cotton or even MF insert to put on top of the hemp, that would work a bit better as it would soak the urine up quickly then release it to the hemp, which is slower to absorb liquid.

Ah yes, being out of cloth for a while it didnt dawn on me that the hemp wouldnt absorb as quickly :doh: Even a cotton flannel would help absorb it quicker.

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :wink:

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Well she took a while to settle and luckily I read your replies before she fell asleep so I rearranged the layers!! Starting from the top a fleece liner, cotton terry motherease booster/insert, p'dessous (sp?) insert, the insert that came with the nappy which I think is hemp and finally the nappy itself :giggle: and the nappy garden soaker holding it all together.... vest pulled down and sleepsuit. Her back and bum appeared to be flat to the mattress so hopefully she isnt too uncomfortable though she weighed about 7lb heavier than she does normally!

Fc it all works, Dh is breaking out in a cold sweat now that he's gonna have one of these to do himself at some point :hohoho:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 pm

:giggle: at DH's cold sweat. Fingers tightly crossed that it all works wonderfully :mrgreen:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Fingers crossed it goes swimmingly - or not! :wink:

Sarah
x

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Still sleeping :wine: But then how silly of me to be pleased, she can't have pee'd through all those layers yet surely!!!

Next

Return to Night Nappies