hf1

I need a heavy duty night nappy!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: I need a heavy duty night nappy!!

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:05 pm

ems wrote:I dont want to scare you, but if your baby has outsoaked the PK nights with a hemp booster in 3 hours.. output would have to be more than 500ml.. and that is a lot of wee in 3 hours.. (166ml an hour = for a 10kg child 16.6ml/hr/kg) .that would put baby/toddler over the 6ml/kg/hr marker which is comonly used for numerous tests. 1-3ml/kg/hr is normal.. anything around 3-4.9 is considered a few extra drinks more.. but anything over that is making those kidneys push through more than they are capable of in an hour. I've had 12 years of experienve in urinary and kidney care.

It could just be of course that she is flooding out an area of a nappy before it has time to absorb to the rest of it.

She has just had her liver and kidney fnction tests results back and they were normal. Her skin is still yellowish though.
I think it is more a case of peeing ALOT in the one place (crotch) and the back stays fairly dry. She pee's like a boy to the front :|

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:07 pm

wytch wrote:also have you tried limiting your fluids in the evening? maybe haveone say 4oz with dinner an nothing before bed till bedtime milk.

my dd isn't a thristy baby til 4pm them wants to drink like a fish to the piont of us putting her in a WNNN and spoies on top to catch the overflow or changing every 3 hrs all night

so far its worked for us

wytch wrote:this a really strrange one but wot if one of the wahms could make you a hemp and zorb booster? zorb being uber thirsty and good old hemp.

depending on how thick the fabric then maybe 5 layers of each maybe even a layer of bamboo or mf/ obv as a top layer for comfort/ quick aborb.

I might see if any WAHM's could help me but got no ££ at the moment.
She does tend to drink more in the evening but i restrict it to one small beaker with her dinner then she just has a small breastfeed before bed. Before she could quite easily go 12 hours in a UDNN with 2 night feeds and it only be damp.....

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:08 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Did you think about using a knitted organic wool soaker with long ribbed cuffs instead of longies with your fitteds? It would be super soft on her skin, and the wet nappy wouldnt touch her skin? What about silk liners instead of fleece?

That soundslike a good Idea!!! Will look out for one :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm

I hope you find something that works hun - been thinking about night nappy options for Soph all afternoon lol and still im no where you havent been before lo lx

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm sure if you wanted huge minkee liners you could take a note of the dimensions you have and e-mail one of the WAHM's who do them. Off the top of my head, I'm sure that WN would do it as they always do specials and their customer service is excellent. I'm sure they're not the only ones though.

Sarah
x

Previous

Return to Night Nappies