I need a heavy duty night nappy!!

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I need a heavy duty night nappy!!

Postby vampiredreams » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:26 pm

charlibunny wrote:
vampiredreams wrote:I wish I could advise you of a better night nappy for Sophie but sadly I can't and I really feel for you that all the nappies you stalked will need to be sold... :hug: :hug: :hug: (we'll give them loving homes no doubt :wink: )

Mu ha ha h your stalking me now arn't you!! :hohoho: Im going to hide them all.. they are miiiiine!!!!!

I just know you have impeccable taste when it comes to nappies and I like it too!!!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 pm

We use Minki nappies at night, we have a few slinkis, one standard and one huggle, they're all very good. It sounds like you only have 'fancy' (iykwim :oops: ) NNs, have you tried the simpler ones like minkis etc?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:38 pm

I know this sounds gross, but next time you use a night napp., boostered or not.. weigh the nappy before it goes, and then weigh it wet in the morning. I think you need to find out how much your bab is peeing before you can determine whast nappy and how much boosting you need to use. Obviously evaporation does occur even with PUL.. but its only a few ml.. not hundreds!

If you can find this out, I'm very sure I can make you a set of boosters that can take a nights worth of wee. Its a useful thing to know anyway. I made my two testers weigh all the nappies before and after use for a few weeks when I was testing my nappies and different farbics out. If she wets through a paricular spot..or its wet all over... how she sleeps, side front or back, all these things are useful in making a specific item.

Totally agree about the nappies such as minkis's .. maybelooking at something a bit more practical and heavy duty instead of pretty for night time? Egyptian cotton terry is very very thick, and incredibly absorbant ;) Think about the heaviest bath towel you have and .. imagine it as a nappy, then add a cosy thick layer of fleece mmmmm!!!

Emma xx

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:21 pm

ems wrote:I know this sounds gross, but next time you use a night napp., boostered or not.. weigh the nappy before it goes, and then weigh it wet in the morning. I think you need to find out how much your bab is peeing before you can determine whast nappy and how much boosting you need to use. Obviously evaporation does occur even with PUL.. but its only a few ml.. not hundreds!

If you can find this out, I'm very sure I can make you a set of boosters that can take a nights worth of wee. Its a useful thing to know anyway. I made my two testers weigh all the nappies before and after use for a few weeks when I was testing my nappies and different farbics out. If she wets through a paricular spot..or its wet all over... how she sleeps, side front or back, all these things are useful in making a specific item.

Totally agree about the nappies such as minkis's .. maybelooking at something a bit more practical and heavy duty instead of pretty for night time? Egyptian cotton terry is very very thick, and incredibly absorbant ;) Think about the heaviest bath towel you have and .. imagine it as a nappy, then add a cosy thick layer of fleece mmmmm!!!

Emma xx

I could do this, but must pick a night where we are prepared to get no sleep, when i put her in the night nappy she is up screaming from midnight with it sopping so i have to change it... so it would only be weighed from 3-4 hours use!!!
I think i need a simple, thick non pretty night nappy with the most absorbant stuff ever in BUT lineed with minkee to keep her dry!!! Might look about for some huuuge minkee liners!!!

P.s my bath towels are cheap tesco value crap :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:We use Minki nappies at night, we have a few slinkis, one standard and one huggle, they're all very good. It sounds like you only have 'fancy' (iykwim :oops: ) NNs, have you tried the simpler ones like minkis etc?
Your right though!!!!!
I need a thick, soft very absrobant night nappy, no frills!!! Must have stay dry layer though!!!!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm

I dont want to scare you, but if your baby has outsoaked the PK nights with a hemp booster in 3 hours.. output would have to be more than 500ml.. and that is a lot of wee in 3 hours.. (166ml an hour = for a 10kg child 16.6ml/hr/kg) .that would put baby/toddler over the 6ml/kg/hr marker which is comonly used for numerous tests. 1-3ml/kg/hr is normal.. anything around 3-4.9 is considered a few extra drinks more.. but anything over that is making those kidneys push through more than they are capable of in an hour. I've had 12 years of experienve in urinary and kidney care.

It could just be of course that she is flooding out an area of a nappy before it has time to absorb to the rest of it.
Last edited by ems on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:42 pm

charlibunny wrote:
Frances wrote:I think Minki Huggles are fab but they're BIG. I can send you one to keep if you like - there's tons of room for boosting with hemp and bamboo. The large fitted Jasmine from 6 months so hopefully would fit Sophie.

Could i borrow one? Not sure it will fit, she is SO SO skinny, think medium itti's have plently of growing room, WNNL are just about small enough on tightest setting

No probs :D PM me your address and I'll post it next week. If you also PM me Sophie's waist measurement, I'll check it against the tightest settings on the Huggle to make sure that it's likely to fit

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:57 pm

this a really strrange one but wot if one of the wahms could make you a hemp and zorb booster? zorb being uber thirsty and good old hemp.

depending on how thick the fabric then maybe 5 layers of each maybe even a layer of bamboo or mf/ obv as a top layer for comfort/ quick aborb.

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 pm

also have you tried limiting your fluids in the evening? maybe haveone say 4oz with dinner an nothing before bed till bedtime milk.

my dd isn't a thristy baby til 4pm them wants to drink like a fish to the piont of us putting her in a WNNN and spoies on top to catch the overflow or changing every 3 hrs all night

so far its worked for us

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies