hf1

Back to square one (almost)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Back to square one (almost)

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:11 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY - dya think a Slinki Minki would be worth a go? :-?

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:17 pm

I have an UD soy/bamboo handpainted large side snap napy - green with island pic on it - we don't really get on with it - would accept £9 posted - pm me if interested. Also have some XL fleece soakers in stock which I have found great overnight - even with a Lollipop softee :D I am a fleece convert!! :giggle:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks hun but Im not that impressed with the UDNN we have already :-? Love the fit but the absorbency is a big issue :roll:
I think XL would be a bit big on Charlie too, shes only 6m bless her :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:26 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY - dya think a Slinki Minki would be worth a go? :-?

No - they don't take as much stuffing as a standard minki and standard minkis do take a LOT of stuffing...

What size are you after as I'm about to list a few nappies which take a decent amount of stuffing at night...
Two old style (poofy) WNNN and three Weedies...
I think the weedies would be too big for Charlotte but if she's anything like the same size as Grace the WNNN would be perfect as they'd be way too big for daytime but stuffed for night are fine!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Just thinking about the WNNN that you tried and didnt like...did you pre-wash it enough?? We struggled the same with the UDNN...even boosted it just dodnt cut it for kieren but we get 12 hours out of a minkee outter WNNN and the outside is only just getting damp!!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 pm

:shock: well the WNNN wasnt a good fit AT ALL on her, the waist wasnt right, and she had MASSIVE leg gape! I prewashed it once, used it (obviously not expecting it to last the night :giggle: ), but didnt expect to have to take it off completely sodden about an hour later :shock:
Washed again, wore again, this time it was about 1 1/2 hrs. I cant remember if she wore it a third time or not, i dont hink so, but if she did it would have been about the same amount of time.
Just wasnt impressed with the fit at all :( So it was mainly fit and partly absorbency which prompted me to sell :( It was cotton knit outer though :-? (ooga hehe)

The UDNN soy is slightly better now its had about 5 washes, but still needs a lot of boosting. It dry at the back, damp in the middle, and pretty wet at the front (tummy sleeper) in the morning....

I have no idea what a poofy :giggle: WNNN looks like, but she did have a preloved one when we first started using cloth (and she didnt wet as much then), and that wasnt up to the job either. Had to sell that pretty much straight away too :roll:

Ive sent her to bed in a well bossted fuzzi tonight, just cause i really cant be bothered with all the hassle :roll: Starting to lose a bit of faith in the night nappies.....

Previous

Return to Night Nappies