NN, Wool and bedding

My avatar
banana
Clothie
Clothie

NN, Wool and bedding

Postby banana » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi all

Im really trying to get my head round this night nappy stuff!! :shock: If you use a nappy and wool what do you use for bedding?

Jude is still in sleeping bag and at the moment wears a vest and babygro too. If you wear longies over the nappy dont they get to hot in a sleeping bag as well?

If you use a wool soaker can you then put on a babygro as well?

Thank you for all your advice

Hannah

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: NN, Wool and bedding

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 pm

we use wool we put longies or shorties on t, with a long or short lseeved top, and a sleeping bag, if he is in a sleepsuit, he has a soaker sometimes a vest and the sleepsuit over the top, make sure the wool is well lanolised though and u should be fine hun, we even use fleece overnight, not had issues with being too hot here :D
Last edited by *tinkerbellarella* on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Iris wears wool 100% of the time, so always goes to bed in either longies/crops/soaker. She doesn't overheat, even though she's all topped off in a Grobag. Wool is magic stuff. If we use a soaker, she wears PJs over the top. You just have to make sure that the PJs/sleepsuit isn't too tight, otherwise you might get compression wicking. Frugi do good PJs that suit cloth bums.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Kieren is also in wool 100% of the time...
At night he always wears a long sleeved t-shirt and either a soaker or shorties and then a sleeping bag over the top (he would be far too hot with longies on under his sleeping bag!...in the summer he just wears a soaker/shorties and a short sleeved t-shirt or nothing on the top half if its really hot :wink:

My avatar
banana
Clothie
Clothie

Postby banana » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks all. I've only brought fleece so far as the idea of wool is making me nervous :shock: but from all your comments i should give it a go!! :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Fleece works just as well, Gracie went to bed last night in just her fleece pj's, no soaker or anything over the top and she was fine.
At night we usually use a non poppered vest, nappy then either a fleece or wool interlock soaker (I think it is less bulky than a knitted soaker) then either her sleepsuit or pj's on top of that, she just has a duvey but we did use to use gro-bags. You can get non poppered vests from Matalan xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 pm

banana wrote:Thanks all. I've only brought fleece so far as the idea of wool is making me nervous :shock: but from all your comments i should give it a go!! :giggle:

You should, I finally caved after years of resistance and I'm hooked already (bugger bugger bugger!) :giggle:. I get the impression it's much more reliable than fleece, because of the lanolin?

Return to Night Nappies