hf1

What to use over a night nappy?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What to use over a night nappy?

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:38 pm

I have a pre-loved WNNN (& a pre-loved bedbug on it's way) but I am unsure about what to put over them. LO goes to bed in a vest which poppers between the legs, pj's and a sleeping bag. I have tried him in his NN tonight with a lovebums (PUL) wrap.

I love the idea of fleece or wool for night but am afraid to try stuff out :oops: I have a tots bots fleece wrap but when I tried this with a fitted during the day, his vest & trousers were wet in less than an hour, even though the LL bamboo nappy wasn't too bad. He is a heavy wetter & drinks LOTS :roll: but is not too bed over-night :shock:

What would you suggest for overnight? Thanks, Siobhan :snowball:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: What to use over a night nappy?

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 pm

we use wool, we seemed to get red marks on the thighs with pul :( We have 4 wool soakers if they aare a little damp they get hung on the line or by the bathroom window t freshen up. Every couple of weeks a give them a good wash and now and again they get soaked in lanolin to keep them water resistant. They do have a bit of maintaining but its worth it, the wool is so breathable for overnight and i can pull them tight over the nappy to keep it snug without leaving marks. I also wonder whether a soft wool wrap is more comfy than pul wrap :D and like to think so There is a whole section on the board index on wool :wink: I can't imagine using anything else now

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:54 pm

i got a thick (overlocked?) pre loved dsiana wool soaker a few weeks ago from here and havent looked back! before that i was using pul wraps but the wool is lovely and hasnt let us down yet and my lo is a very tall, heavy wetter who sleeps on his stomach and so used to leak nearly every night which wasnt pleasant as he sleeps in our bed. good luck :)

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:03 pm

we use either a disana wool wrap, fleece soaker or wool shorties defiantly wool/fleece is more breathable for over night and your wont have to worry about marks around the legs.
i usually put alister in a fleece sleepsuit or pjs,with no vest but our house is an oven all night!
you can get vest extenders or maybe just dont do the vest up?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:06 pm

We only use wool at night (and 99% of the time during the day too!) ...i put a soaker or shorties over the nappy and then a long sleeved t-shirt and then into his sleeping bag...if its realy cold then i put a popper vest on under his t-shirt and pull it down over his soaker/shorties like i was going to do it up but i dont and then the t-shirt over the top and sleeping bag :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:18 pm

We use either a wool interlock soaker or fleece soaker, with that Gracie will wear a non poppered vest under either pj's or a sleepsuit or sometimes a nightdress. x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks ladies. My other NN's arrived today so will try LO in them once washed - oh, and I have purchased some wool or fleece soakers :giggle:

Return to Night Nappies