Postby MissFrodo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Did it work???

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wish us Luck............

Postby jules070603 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:12 pm

I don't think the absorbancy was enough. Imogen woke at about 2 and I changed her as it already felt like it was wetting through.

I have a WNNN to try too so will give that a go. I think I need to get back into the boosting thing as I've not been using fitteds much at all for a while so I need to boost enough and in the right places - I shouldn't have stopped using them at night and then I'd be alright :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:15 pm

jules070603 wrote:I don't think the absorbancy was enough. Imogen woke at about 2 and I changed her as it already felt like it was wetting through.

I have a WNNN to try too so will give that a go. I think I need to get back into the boosting thing as I've not been using fitteds much at all for a while so I need to boost enough and in the right places - I shouldn't have stopped using them at night and then I'd be alright :roll:

Summer has started soaking her bedbugs, I don't think they are that absorbent in all fairness, I know alot of people have had issues with them! WNNN should be better, they are about the only thing working for her at the mo!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:24 pm

jules070603 wrote:I don't think the absorbancy was enough. Imogen woke at about 2 and I changed her as it already felt like it was wetting through.

I bought 2 new ones in a co-op last year and pre-washed them 5 times each. Bella completely satuarated them each time they were worn. I don't think they are very absorbant at all, and I think that is down to the high MF content in the nappy and the boosters.

WNNN (in both old and new style) are very absorbant. We had fit issues with the older ones as we had to boost, which distorted the pocket and made it gape around the legs. The new style seems to be more absorbant than the old, but will probably need something adding to it as well as they have been coming off soaking too recently.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wish us Luck-Update Page 2

Postby jules070603 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks Hanna and Tanya - I will give the WNNN a go and see how that works, probably not tonight though :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:12 pm

we sold our bedbug due to fit issues over absobancy and now only use WNNN, we have 5 of the new ones and use them unboosted with alot of sucess...my minkee ones dont even feel wet after 13 hours...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 pm

The first Dreamscape we had I sold on as it wasn't absorbent enough but in the co-op I got one with an organic cotton core and it is much better, I do add a small oval hemp booster to it but it isn't as much as say an ep booster. After the new year I am ordering another but am going to go for all bamboo.

I do agree about the new vesion of the WNNN though, they are great and much better than the older version, Tory kindly lent us one with a minkee outer to try and it wasn't even damp on the outside in the morning xx

Previous

Return to Night Nappies