hf1

Night time nappy for 4 year old

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Night time nappy for 4 year old

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Have just posted my introduction, as I am new to this site, but not sure if many people check there.

I need some advice, and have been told of this website by a friend.

My son is about 32lb, nearly 4 years old and is leaking in all his night nappies – MEOS with two boosters, three wont fit in the wrap, Tots Bots size 2 also with two boosters, terry square with a full terry inside to boost, and have even tried disposables. Still leak.

What can I do, nappy wise, I mean.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Night time nappy for 4 year old

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 pm

You could email Wee Notions or Upsy Daisy and ask them to make you XLs

Or email Emma at puddlekins and ask for the measurements of a large long just velour silent night.

I would use fleece or wool overnight too rather than pul.

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Have been using PUL. I tried fleece when he was much younger and didn't like the musty smell of his room, but I guess I could give it a go, if I can get wraps to fit. He is stretching out his L ME PUL, which, thinking about it wont be helping!

Will look at those websites just now, thanks 2climbingboys.

My avatar
dappernappies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby dappernappies » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Some advice says fleece is not suitable for heavy wetters though. I am confused.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:44 pm

I've used fleece on my heavy wetter overnight before now and it's been fine. I think it would be more of a problem if it was being used through the day on a heavy wetter, but not relevant for your LO as he's 4 ;)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:59 pm

i would agree you need a dedicated night nappy too Weenotions IMO are the best :wink:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:27 pm

We use quite a bit of fleece tbh and have never had any problems.

Stacinator fleece wraps are thicker than other fleece wraps but hard to get hold of as they are only available pre-loved in toddler size. Perhaps you could contact Julie at Snugglebots and send measurements for a fleece soaker with an extra overnight booster in for a heavy wetter if you aren't sure about fleece?

I am planning to order 3 wool interlock soakers from Luscious Little Somethings - they are 3 for 2 and with an extra 10% off at the moment. You could get them with the extra booster in to hopefully make them suitable for overnight?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:59 am

I have a 6yr old in night nappies still. We use Holden's Landing toddler bedbugs, Hollow Oak custom made (he's too big for XLs, but a 4yr old might fit) and Jimmy Riddles custom made. And we use wool over. Personally I wouldn't touch fleece, it wicks way too much for us and I end up having to strip the bed. Wool is perfect.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 am

Nappies by minki are my fav for my 3.5 yr old. WWNN are also excellent.

Next

Return to Night Nappies