littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

WNNN few Q's

Postby littlesez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 pm

Has anyone tried old and new style?

Does anyone prefer the old style?

Is new like a lay in style similar to wnaio but needing a wrap?

I really love my wnnn because they are similar to wnss, I dont like the wnaio and wondering whether it compares to wnnn new style?

when you fasten it do the tabs get in the way of the absorbent material? and i think thats why i dont like the aio

TIA

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: WNNN few Q's

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 am

I've tried both and far prefer the new style; I sold my old style on but have three new ones. I haven't tried a WNAI2, but the style of the WNNN is very similar to sized pockets.

It has a popper-in insert, like a WNAI2, but also has a pocket which you stuff an extra insert in.

The tabs do fasten inside the front, like a WN sized pocket, but because they don't have a PUL layer it doesn't matter; I find that they simply provide an extra couple of layers of absorbency in the wet zone.

I have minkee and cuddlesoft and bv outers and far prefer minkee and cuddlesoft; it stays dry to the touch whereas the bv is always very soggy.

Go for it :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:52 am

I much prefer the new style WNNN to the old ones...we got terrible leg gape with the old ones...reaaaaally bad but these fit lovely!! :wine:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:44 am

Frances wrote:
The tabs do fasten inside the front, like a WN sized pocket, but because they don't have a PUL layer it doesn't matter; I find that they simply provide an extra couple of layers of absorbency in the wet zone.

:D

ah yes didnt think of that good point i might just get one to try just to make sure :mrgreen:
Thanks ladies

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:06 pm

See I quite like the old-old-poofy style ones but haven't tried the newer ones ;)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm

The new style is much better, I sold on Gracie's old style ones as we got leg gape and builders bum. x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm

see i really love my old style and they are a fab fit and was really just worried about the lay in style of new ones as dont like AIO layin style on wnaio.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:17 pm

littlesez wrote:
when you fasten it do the tabs get in the way of the absorbent material? and i think thats why i dont like the aio

Yes but I put the tabs in behind the lay in boosters, so inbetween the booster and the outer. If I don't do that then the tabs ride up at the front and poke out the top of the nappy.

I still get some leg gape with these, it's as if the crotch of the nappy is not actually wide enough to properly encase all the boosters IYKWIM

But they are great and will be ordering some more next month. I have cotton velour outers at the moment and it still feels dry in the morning

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I have 4 new style WNNN's and I love them. The trifold insert does sit inside the nappy but as Sunset does - I just tuck the tabs between the insert and the nappy. I do seem to get a tiny bit of leg gape (which I'm guessing may change when Jack changes shape?) but it does not seem to affect performance. Jack had his on the other day from 8pm, then I brought him into bed with me at 8am to feed him, we fell asleep and woke up at 11 ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ), then I took the WNNN off and it hadn't leaked after 15 hours!!! Admittedly it was soaked all the way through but the minky outer and inner was fab - keeping his skin and the outer of the nappy pretty dry.
Go for it! :wine:

Return to Night Nappies