heavywetter nappy

My avatar
tuuliab
Clothie
Clothie

heavywetter nappy

Postby tuuliab » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:07 pm

hi

we, like many others have problems with night nappies. my 2 y8m boy wets his disposables everynight and bed and it is a mess and i am tired of it.

i have tried bumhugger with lots and lots of extra bamboo and hemp, it didnt work. now i have huggle with about 14 layers of hemp and bamboo and still not enough.

i have understood here that hl bedbugs and puddlekins are best ones for heavywetter, but they are so expensive that do not want to gamble (especially, since they are not known marks here in finland, and wont sell easily if at all if they wont work)

the other morning the disposable was weighting 650 g + all the pee on bed.

also my son hated cloth night nappies (because they are huge and it is difficult to move or even turn around) and has started to poo on it as soon as i put it on..very a evil plan from him...:)

help opinions (have read all of the comments on previous ones and still not wiser.... was thinking of buying todler bedbug from here to try, but still 18-20 pounds is lot of money if its wasted for nothing..

tuulia

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: heavywetter nappy

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I wouldn't rate a toddler bedbug for a heavy night wetter unless you get one with NO microfibre in...

Hollow oak NN, puddlekins NN and WNNN seem to be the best options for heavy night wetters...

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:19 pm

The last time I weighed one of Iris' night nappies it only weighed about 450g, from memory, so nowhere near what your LO pees. But I weighed it after she'd soaked through a heavily stuffed Bedbug and ending up with soggy bedding, so she pees a lot more than that. Someone here weighed a wet WN NN for me and worked out that they wouldn't be able to cope with Iris' wetting, so I wouldn't say that they'd work for your LO. Our Puddlekins is fab - they're quite huge nappies, so lots of material. A boosted UD NN is another that works for us. Or a heavily boosted HO NN. Oh, and a boosted FF NN also works for us. The Bedbugs were useless once Iris' wetting habits stepped up a gear, so I'd avoid those.

My avatar
tuuliab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tuuliab » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:48 pm

ud nn with what do you boost it? or any of them?
thanks

tuulia

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 pm

theres loads of room in a UDNN for boosting. make sure you get a bamboo one though, not a soy. you can use 1 or 2 hemp under the 2 boosters which come with the nappy, and maybe some more bamboo or a layer of microfibre on top of those. are you using wool at night too? x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:10 pm

In the UD NN, I use a Babeco bamboo booster and an UD super booster. :)

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Why not get a fleece soaker instead of investing in new nappies - relatively cheap too - Pumpkin Pants are from £5.95 and go up to XL. I had problems at night for years and a fleece cover completely sorted it totally - I was really amazed as had been totally sceptical for about 6 years!!!

Vicki

My avatar
tuuliab
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tuuliab » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:38 pm

i had fleece cover earlier, it was fab, but now i use wool, just made couple of new panties and they work fine. and it is not so much that bothers me if sheets get wet, but that the baby wont sleep when he is soking wet:) doh, that was too complicated sentence for me:) wet sheets-do not mind so much but wet crying baby-do mind a lot:) :wink:

just bought ud nn and going to try it and after that will try puddlekins and after that ...will be back with another complain and cry, hih:) no, i am sure ud will work since you all reckon it is good.

thanks for the advices
tuulia

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 pm

I bought one of these http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main ... cts_id=171
before I found NN's that worked for us. It was really good and I now use it in day nappies for a completely leakproof insert :giggle: .I don't need anything else in his pockets thats for sure!!

Next

Return to Night Nappies