what to try next

My avatar
choruna
Clothie
Clothie

what to try next

Postby choruna » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am

I'M HOPING SOME OF THE EXPERTS CAN HELP ME ON THIS

dd is almost 1 yr and since about 6 months we cannot get a night nappy to last all night, I'm exhausted, she wakes almost everynight and her nappies are sopping wet. last night put her in a sposie and had to change her at 3am. This mornings one was sopping too. Just out of curiousity I weighed the 2 this morning and they weighed 550gs !!!!

She's a shockingly heavy wetter and has been since birth but at night we cannot seem to find a good night nappy
We've tried Little comfort, which are absolutely gorgeous but needed so much boosting that I couldn't get a good fit.
Little Lambs, occasionally work, very occasionally, Lollipop bamboos, never worked. All boosted with bamboo til they were busting. BG's bamboo - didn't last 1 wee.
Pul wraps mainly, don't get leaking, but still wakes up wet
Fleece totbots - leaked within 2 hours
wool lana night cover - damp sleep sac, clothing and bedclothes everyday!!
WNNN- older model, leg gaping, hence leaking

Just to clarify, I have checked dd at about 11 pm on nights where she wakes that early and all the above nappies and boostings would be soaked through to the outer!!!

I really don't know what to try next, any seasoned experts out there to give me advice???

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: what to try next

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 am

I wouldnt really think you would manage with a boosted day nappy at your LO's age and i think you would be better off with a dedicated night nappy...i know you said you tried the older stle WNNN...so did we and we also got huge leg gape and leaks...the new WNNN are FAB in my opinion and thats all we use now...we dont even have to boost them...

There are also Holdens Landing bedbugs which are night nappies, Holdens landing dreamscapes, upsy Daisy do a bamboo or a soy night nappy, puddlekins do a night nappy but are shut atm, Hollow Oak do a night nappy...cant think of anymore of the top of me head...

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:52 am

I have bedbugs and UDNN's and WNNN and a standard minki. I think that standard minki's are fab as you can stuff them with loads and we have never had a leak, although they do end up with a huge bum. I stuff mine with a big weed, a bamboo terry square and an EP hemp booster folded in half and to the front of the nappy.
With my fitteds I use wool soakers. If you have used wool and it was unsuccessful it could be that it needs more lanolising or that the nappy itself was not boosted enough?
HTH :hug: and hope you find something that works :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 am

rachel wrote: If you have used wool and it was unsuccessful it could be that it needs more lanolising or that the nappy itself was not boosted enough?

WSS, if the nappies were so soaking wet then the wool would leak...deffinatly try re-lanolising and different night nappies hun!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:50 am

A Bedbug won't work for your LO, due to the microfibre content. They're not great for very heavy wetters. (My DD is a very heavy wetter and Bedbugs just don't cut it. Even boosted with bamboo and hemp.) We now use Puddlekins night nappies (huuuuuuge nappies! But they do the job unboosted for us), Upsy Daisy NN (which I boost with bamboo), Hollow Oak NN (I boost with bamboo and hemp) and Flutterby Fluff NN (which I boost with hemp). We always use wool over fitteds, as I find it much more breathable than fleece or PUL and allows evaporation meaning nappies aren't so soggy come morning. (Although, having said that, Iris' nappies are always sopping wet through to the tabs come morning.)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 pm

THe new sstyle WNNN may work, they really are good. Like Nicola said bedbugs or dreamscapes won't work unless perhaps you get one that is all bamboo with no mf in it, Gracie isn't a heavy wetter and I have to boost her dreamscapes. Standard minki's work very well for a lot of people with heavy wetters.
Wool wise I agree that you wollies may need more lanolising. Have you tried longies yet??

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Id advise trying the newest style WNNN - we boost ours with 2 hemp boosters to last the night (DD is 11months)

Also Ive heard Bamboo UDNN are supposed to be good, we only have the soy and i have to boost it ALOT to get it to last us.

Other ones to try are HONN, we boost ours with 1 hemp booster :) And i have just got a Goodmama NN so ill report back!

Oh and FFNN are brill, if you can get one :giggle: again we boosted with hemp.

Hemp is our best friend when it comes to Night nappies, soo absorbent :mrgreen: Hope you find something that works, Also we use wool/fleece at night which lets the nappy 'breathe' x

My avatar
choruna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby choruna » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:39 pm

thanks so much for all the advice girls, have a UD night on the way for testing so can't wait for that,
Can't seem to get HO night N or Puddlekins NN as they seem to be closed or something. Hope they open again soon
can't decide which wnnn to buy yet!! Do plain ones have a good resale? Just don't want to spend a fortune and then not be able to sell on if I can't get a good fit!!

Maybe you guys could help me with Hemp too, I have none at all. What brand of boosters would you recommend?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I use various weird combinations sucessfully, so try using 2 normal day nappies with a minimum of 2 easy peasy hemp boosters inbetween the nappies. I love kiwi quick flips for the amount of stuff we fold in, so a norm is 3 easy peasy hemp boosters and a 40 x 40 bamboo square folded into 6 cover in wool.

Next

Return to Night Nappies