hf1

Night nappies

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Night nappies

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

We started in cloth in November and Sandy has been in it full time during the day since Christmas. We havent yet tried a night nappy and at the moment he still wears a disposable.

If im honest im a bit scared of trying him in cloth overnight, he is such a brilliant sleeper (goes down at 8pm and sleeps til 9am) and i would hate it to affect his sleep.

Anyhoo, if you lovely ladies could point me in the right direction for a good night nappy, and tell me how long your little ones sleep for wearing them that would be great :)

Thankyou!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Night nappies

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 pm

We use the new style Wee Notions Night Notions and although Kieren is a rubbish sleeper his minkee outter WNNN's are always dry on the outside after 12-13 hours, he still feeds twice during the night aswell..

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:07 pm

I've moved this to the night nappy section for you. If you look there you'll find lots of advice. :wink: IMO the best night nappy I have ever had is a Flutterby Fluff night nappy but they are hard to get hold of. As Tory says Wee Notions night notions are also popular as are Upsy Daisy night nappies. Some people also successfully use well stuffed Huggles and bumhuggers at night too. Wool or fleece is much more suited as a night nappy cover too as they are both breathable and will allow some of the moisture to evaporate so the nappy will be drier in the morning than if you used a PUL cover. If you'd prefer to use a pocket Minkis are huge and have loads of room for stuffing.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Thankyou ladies :) and thanks Louise, i must have totally missed this section, and i did look for one, honest! :giggle:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:29 pm

We used standard minki pockets for ages, not fancy but they were bombproof. When it became clear ds didn't need the super bombproofness of minkis we changed to ecobubs and they've been great for us since, even when ds put one on inside out for the night :doh:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 pm

We are another fan of Wee notions night notions - like Tory says, the minkee on the nappy outer is always dry in the morning and Isaac still has 3-4+ feeds during the night. My favourite night nappy is my Flutterby fluffs, hard to get hold of but they are fantastic!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 pm

My local real nappy scheme are offering a set of 2 minki and 2 ellas house nappies for night times so i will try those and have a hunt and see if i can get a WNNN from the classifieds to try :)

Thanks for your replies :)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 pm

blimey you're lucky!

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 pm

What a fab council scheme.. mine gives £10 back if you give them the receipt for the nappies. :hohoho:

We use WNNN and bedbugs. Both are fab in my opinion and Jack normally has them on for about 12 hours although he had on his WNNN (minky outer) last night for 14 hours and it was still dry on the outside. I love the bedbigs because they are so trim but I know that not everyone gets on with these. xx

Next

Return to Night Nappies