hf1

WNNNs... cotton vs minkee outer?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

WNNNs... cotton vs minkee outer?

Postby rhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I was just browsing the new additions :oops: and some of the new limited edition cotton prints are *gorgeous* ... I don't really need any more night nappies but am seriously tempted anyway (we don't get on so well with the Northern Lights). I'm just wondering if anyone's tried the new-style NNs with a cotton outer, and how soft they are - i.e., any issues with rubbing on thighs? All our current NNs are either minkee outers or all OBV, both of which strike me as being a bit softer. I don't want to risk sore legs!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: WNNNs... cotton vs minkee outer?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:58 pm

I had one cotton outer night nappy and had to sell due to leg sores. Saying that i have 6 NL's and 2 are cotton outer and we get no rubbing from them!!

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I've only got either Minkee or Cotton Knit outers on my WN NN's and we get on great with them as i find the outer doesn't really touch her legs just the elastic bit of the inner iyswim (all the inners are Minkee though :wink: ) I've got loads of Cotton outer NL's and i dont have a problem them either but then they're not on as long as NN's are :-? I would say if your worried about sore legs then go for Minkee inner and Outer to be on the safe side :wink:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

we have a cotton one, i love it! the cotton doesnt really touch the legs, and i use it a few times a week and its still really soft and surprisingly not faded yet!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 pm

we got leg sores with our cotton outer new style wnnn, one of many reasons as to why i sold it :-?

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cazza1982_123 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm

We don't get sores with the cotton outer WNNN but I do find that its smaller than the minky ones - wierd because they're all larges! I also find that its not such a good fit as the minky ones. x x

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Weve got 2 cotton WNNN ans so far they've been fine (only used 4 times though :giggle: ) there lovely and soft around the legs i think theyll be fine

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:14 am

Gaah! You lot are no help at all :hohoho:. BTW, I'm guessing some of the cotton ones fit smaller because they're woven fabrics rather than knit, which don't have much stretch.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:01 am

I would avoid a cotton outter but thats just becuase i hate the fact that they feel so wet compared to minkee...especially night nappies!

Next

Return to Night Nappies