huge WNNN-shunned by OH

My avatar
miriam
Clothie
Clothie

huge WNNN-shunned by OH

Postby miriam » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 pm

:(

Just went to put my 7 month old in her first ever night nappy (WNNN) and, once on (and whilst struggling to put the disana wool pants on over it) my OH caught wind and came for a look, only to announce that there was no way he was letting her sleep all night in something that huge because she was bound to be uncomortable and up every hour. I have to admit it was large on her and looked really uncomfortable....does anyone else have this problem and how do their children sleep in them?

I hate using disaposables for half the day, it just feels wrong, but im struggling to see how im going to make the transition...maybe i need to get another OH!! :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: huge WNNN-shunned by OH

Postby tanya » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:09 pm

They are massive, but believe me, we adults seem to be the only ones who have trouble with the size of them. Bella has never woken in the night on account of her nappy - lots of other reasons, of course :roll: , but not her nappy!!

I think it's just one of those things you need to take on faith. They do work and they don't generally disturb the LOs. Remember that when we were young, our parents used terries (usually 2 or 3 together overnight), which would have been bulky as well and we all slept ;)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

No advice really as we dont have any wnnn. We use cloth all the time and by the time I have finished putting his night nappy on, Oscars bum is huge, we love it :hohoho: Oscar never wakes up because of it and actually looks very comfy.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 pm

If it was THAT huge on her and she was uncomfortable she'd let you know and you could change her... ;)
Who is it who gets up to her if she wakes in the night anyway - I'm guessing (though correct me if I'm wrong) that it's not him... ;)

Yes night nappies do look large on LOs especially at the younger ages - (see the 'biggest bum' competition thread for comparisons!)...

Did you boost it at all? How did it fit her?

They do tend to have somewhat of a weeble look with a bedtime bum but my 10mo doesn't wake every hour unless she's poorly or teething badly and has never worn a disposable and has been in night nappies from the word go...

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm

they are huge on Alister but hes fine with them! sleeps through most nights!
like everyone said they will tell you if their uncomfy! OH was the same when we started with cloth at night, but then realised it didnt bother Alister 1 bit,and i also put my foot down!!

My avatar
miriam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby miriam » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I did put all the boosters in that it came with... the instert and the snap in boosters as she feeds every 3 hours so thought i might need them all. Do you think that maybe i should be leaving some of the boosting out? It was quite gaping around her legs.

Maybe i just need to take a leap of faith!

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Keep the WN. Bin the OH :giggle:

I would try it without the pocket insert. We don't use ours, just the pop on bit. Antonia still feeds a few times during the night normally and she has hers on 12 hours no problem. :wink:

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm

victoriaw wrote:Keep the WN. Bin the OH :giggle:

:hohoho: I like that

We had the same comment from FIL but I reasoned with him that old fashioned terries didn't seem to cause any probs so why should these? (and they were FAR bigger and bulkier)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 pm

NN's are def bulkier but I don't think massivley so, you could try something like a bamboo Baby Beehind, they are nice and trim and still work a treat for us over night.
Gracie has never woken during the night because of her nappy. x

Next

Return to Night Nappies