Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: huge WNNN-shunned by OH

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:35 pm

cookiegirl wrote:
victoriaw wrote:Keep the WN. Bin the OH :giggle:

:hohoho: I like that

Me too. :giggle: Katie has never been bothered by the size of her nappy at night either.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 pm

I'd ask your DH whether he'd personally rather sleep in a soft (minkee-lined?) bamboo terry pair of pants, or a pair made of chemicals, plastic, paper and sticky tape?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Personally i'd let your daughter decide. If she's comfortable she'll carry on as usual and it won't bother her (which is probably what will happen) at all. If she feeds through the night i'd keep using all the inserts it came with because its better to be over boosted than under...

Poppy is 7 months too and although she doesn't have any WNNN's yet she does wear NN's with wool over the top and she sleeps just fine. the huge nappies have never bothered her and she's been wearing them since she was about a month old.

Night nappies do take a bit of getting used to because they look so big and its makes you wonder how a baby can be comfy in them but if they work then just stick with it.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:32 am

Like everyone else has said, shed soon let you know if she wasnt comfortable.

DS cant walk when wearing his NNs (we use UD and WN), he waddles, unable to swing his hips :hohoho: I can't actually see him walk in his nappy at night without going into hysterics, so DH does bedtime alone now :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 am

Give it a try, you will never find out if you don't!!

Hide your sposies and say "oh blimey she has just pooped in her LAST sposie, im going to have to try that silly huge nappy on her"

Make sure you do it on a sunday so tesco is closed!!!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 pm

If its a brand new WNNN then it wil shrink some in the wash too :)

I use large WNNN's on our 8 month old son and whilst they are bulky they arnt overly so :-? I guess K weighs about 21lbs now or so...

My avatar
miriam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby miriam » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

hee hee....i would like to bin the OH, he's been off work sick today and been a pain in my bum....

thanks for all the advise. Sadly another night missed because she has nappy rash (OH on nappy duty and failed miserably :roll: )... i didnt want to worry i would be aking it worse.

Maybe tomoorow...im more determined than ever now tho!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 am

Have you tried it yet?i read it was gaping- just careful you don't get any leaks!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:01 am

Hope you've managed to try it & it's been successful! We've got a few WNNN & they are huge but so absorbant!! My friends dh was put off by the size when I lent them one to try but was soon converted the next morning when their son's cot was dry!!! :yahoo: He's such a heavy wetter that his sposies were leaking everynight! A WNNN was my dd1's 1st night nappy & she was 20months & she's never complained about the size. :wink:

Good luck! :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies