My avatar
lizziemay
Clothie
Clothie

Can pocket or AIO work for night time?

Postby lizziemay » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and in need of some advice

My youngest is in cloth fulltime and we use pockets during the day and 2 part nappies for night, this works well. My eldest is 2 and 3/4 and is out of nappies during the day and in disposables at night.

When the pack of sposies we have runs out I would really like to use cloth for her at night time too, but I feel that putting her in a two part nappy would make her feel like a baby in comparison to the disposable pull ups she's used to.

I have occassionally tried some of dd2's pockets on dd1 over night but they have always leaked (they wear the same size nappy and as there is only 19 months between them are the same size in the body dd1 just has longer arms and legs).

Has anyone any good suggestions of a good night nappy for a toddler that won't be too much of a difference for her having been used to sposies? Also at some point I'm expecting (hoping?) she may wake up in the night if she wants to use the toilet and it would be good if she could get her nappy off herself?

thanks for taking the time to read

Jo
x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Can pocket or AIO work for night time?

Postby JanX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 pm

We use fuzzi Bunz pocket nappies successfully overnight.

jan x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:26 pm

I've used Greenkids successfully overnight. They're not my first choice but do the job well.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 pm

What pockets are you using and what are you stuffing them with? Cotton outer pockets don't work for some people and also using mf can cause leaks as when it is saturated it can squish the liquid back out when it is compressed. My 4 year old still wears a nappy at night and we use fleece outer Minki pockets stuffed with bamboo and hemp. They make Yo-yos which are elasticated at the side so can be pulled up and down if your LO wants to go to the toilet herself.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

We used to use BG overnight without a problem and I think their inserts are MF.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

A large side snap Upsy Daisy pocket would be good. There is plenty of room for stuffing in those. I used to put them on Toby already done up as if they were pull ups.

Tbh we also used to do that with side snap 2 part systems - usually a side snap UDNN loosely done up and within the soaker or shorties to be pulled on.

We have occasionally used wonderoos overnight with success too (with the mf inserts). These are front snap so can't be pulled on like pull ups.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:34 pm

We use slinki minki and standard minki pockets overnight and they are excellent.

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:38 pm

JanX wrote:We use fuzzi Bunz pocket nappies successfully overnight.

jan x

We use fuzzi's overnight too, I tend to stuff them with 2 terry inserts and a bamboo. not once had a leak :wine:

My avatar
lizziemay
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizziemay » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks for the replys. We have tried fuzzi bunz and coolababy and (not pocket) lollipop pop n grow. I'm putting extra bamboo booster in between the mf and not having a problem with absorbency overall, just with the outer bit round the legs getting wet if that makes sense. the minki pockets definately look like a good idea as fleece should stop the wicking, will give them a try.

Next

Return to Night Nappies