hf1

what do you put in a standard/slinki minki?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

what do you put in a standard/slinki minki?

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Ok in my search for night nappies im thinking of trying minki's? now i dont nomaly use pockets as im a fitteds girl through and through but i cant find any front snapping/closure night nappies?

I have a puddlekins front snap and a BBH on their way to me to try but im thinking about trying a minki too...which is better and why out of the standard and slinki? and what do you put in them? being a fitteds user I dont have fancy inserts...I have EP hemp and puddlkins bamboo, terry nappies and prefolds... i do also have all the inserts that go with my lovely WNNN's :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: what do you put in a standard/slinki minki?

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm

I've never had a Slinki. Ryan wears standard as its bigger and can fit more stuffing in. I usually put a WNNN or WNOS insert in it with the small booster and 1 or 2 EP hemp folded in half towards the front or 2 bamboo terry squares or PD inserts with the EP hemp.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:36 pm

I use a bamboo prefold!!! I fold it the wrong way on so its got four layers of 2x bamboo (8 layers then 12 in middle bit) sometimes i put a little lamb bamboo boster at the front as she pees like a boy!!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:39 pm

We are loving our standard minki. We put in some combination of an EP hemp, a bamboo booster folded in half and stuck a front, a BBOS inserts, and an EP terry. Whatever we are putting in is usually stuck in an EP microfibre glove thingy so nothing moves around too much when I'm stuffing it.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:39 pm

I prefered the standard as I found the tabs on the slinki too short. I cant remember exactley what we used, but it would have had a cotton layer, then hemp and bamboo, I always used at least 2 EP hemp inserts and 1 P'tit Dessous insert, then the cotton top layer were similar to the LL cotton boosters.

After trying loads of night nappies, these turned out to be the best for Evie, as the pocket is so big you can stuff it with whatever you need, the inner fleece was lovely and thick so stay dry, and most importantly for us they didnt rub Evies thighs which started to chafe with most fitteds.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:46 pm

ok what size? K is in a large WNNN at the moment?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:54 pm

They are big fitting, especially the standard as the tabs are long - Evies Large still had lots of growing room when she night trained at 2 and a half. Would you be able to borrow a medium from anyone to check sizing before you buy?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm not sure how Leo and Keiran compare (Leo's about 20lbs with chunky thighs but skinny waist), but Leo fits in a M standard comfortably (even though the upper weight limit is 20) though perhaps the rise could be longer (EDIT: if I wanted lots of growing room, it's great now). I've heard the L standard is HUGE (18-40lb is the range) but maybe you could get away with with a L slinki.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:04 pm

i think a large standard would be best but can also recomend wnos aplix :wink: bamboo is waht we stuff with but not had minki for ages

sorry didnt reaslly help did i :roll:

Next

Return to Night Nappies