hf1

Good night nappy for 5 month old.

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Good night nappy for 5 month old.

Postby Bluetomato » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Im looking for a good night nappy for my little man who will be 5 months old tomorrow :D Ive not been brave enough to put him in cloth overnight yet :shock: but I want to take the plunge and try and find something that will be absorbant enough to get him through the night. He is quite a big wee'er, and ive noticed that even disposables are damp and leaky by the morning (and smell awful as well). At the moment hes in cotton little lambs during the day, but they need changing every 3 hours other wise they leak, so they won't be any good I don't think.ive got some organic and staydry flips, and 1 bamboo baby behind, would they be any good? My other little boy, Harrison, is in cloth as well but he wears disposables at night as when I tried cloth on him, he leaked everytime. The WNNN leaked out of the top at the front, as did the huggle (he sleeps on his front all night). So maybe there is something out there that would suit him as well?
Thanks, Vicki
Last edited by Bluetomato on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Good night nappy for 5 month old.

Postby Shaunie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm

You could try holdens landing bedbugs or the hollow oak night nappy? I find them both good for my heavy wetter. I've also got my 3 year old in the HONN at the min because he's leaking out of his eco pull-up nappies. Lots of people also use minki pockets for night use because theres lots of space for boosting as they are huge :shock:

I don't get a good fit with WNNN at all so sold mine on - ds2 is also a front sleeper :wink:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm

WNNN-weenotions are great id definatly try them and there affordable!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I use both Holden's landing bed bugs and wee notions night notions on my 7 month old DD she is in M/L bedbugs and L night notions and we find them brilliant, we also use just fleece over them and have never had a soggy morning :)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

We used standard minkis at that age.we didn't get on with the old wee notions night nappies.now we also use puddlekins night nappies.the baby beehind may work if it's well boosted!
My son sleeps on his front too.
[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Leo is just shy of 5 months and is also a heavy wee'er. He also sleeps on his front. We get on great with a standard minkee stuffed with a couple of layers of hemp and bamboo. We also put on a wool soaker over it which helps stop any compression wicking and leaks.

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bluetomato » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks for all your advice - Monday night I put Dom in the BBH bamboo with both its boosters with a motherease wrap and it lasted 13 hours! Ive ordered another couple pre owned so hopefully we can use them as our night nappies for the moment. Tonight hes in a little kiwi quick flip, boosted with with an easy peasy microfibre booster (I was going to put a hemp one in, but I can't find the ones I bought :-? ) and the small part of a wonderoo hemp insert. Fingers crossed it will be enough to last till the morning!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:44 am

:wine: great you found something that works for you. I hear good things about BBH :wink:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 am

I also found it quite intimidating using cloth over night but luckily we found that bedbugs worked well for us so I haven't had the courage to look into anything else :giggle: :oops: he had one on ast night with an extra bamboo booster in and when I changed him after 5 hours it wasn't even damp :shock: :wine:
Night nappies are also a great excuse for fluff shopping again :hohoho:

Return to Night Nappies