me and minkis again...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

me and minkis again...

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:56 pm

:roll: sorry!

right so i have two slinki minkis on their way and a standard minki on loan from Steph... When K wears a WNNN i dont boost it at all and it easily lasts him the night so he isnt that much of a heavy wetter...so could someone help me out with how much i should stuff the minkis with?

Would a 50x50 bamboo terry, PD bamboo and EP hemp be enough do you think? I have seen some 75cmx75cm bamboo terries on babykind? do you think they would be better or too much?

Thanks!

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: me and minkis again...

Postby ramsons » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm

That sounds like loads to me. I used to use a trifold hemp square wrapped in a microfibre cloth. :)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:33 pm

sounds ok to me. we use a 50cm terry with the corners folded into the middle and then trifolded , a pd and 2 ep hemp but Nathan's a heavy wetter!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

I use a 50cm bamboo terry and two ep hemps and that does us fine - Grace is not a super heavy wetter at night but even on her wetter nights it has yet to leak...

ramsons wrote:That sounds like loads to me. I used to use a trifold hemp square wrapped in a microfibre cloth. :)
trifold hemp squares are pretty absorbent though... I'm not sure I'd trust that for Grace though...

megansmummy wrote:Would a 50x50 bamboo terry, PD bamboo and EP hemp be enough do you think?
Yes I would think that would be fine...

Last night I used two 50cm bamboo terries (I have to fold one edge in slightly and then trifold the bamboo terry) with one EP hemp and that also worked very well...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

BTW I find you can't stuff as much into the slinkis...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

sounds fine to me, may even be too much but better that at first than not enough! xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm

ok well he is in it tonight with all the inserts out of a WNNN stuffed into it so FC it works ok :-? Im always nervous about new things :oops:
(ETA i used the WNNN inserts becuase my bamboo terries and PD's havnt arrived yet...)

The fit is fabulous tho...

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Are you trying a M standard?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm

No a large standard joeli...there is an amazing amount of growing room in it though :giggle: But the fit around his thighs is sooo much better than the large WNNN...i think I need to save my 2 WNNN's for when he is walking and has slimmed down a little...

Looking forward to trying the fit of the slinki too...

Next

Return to Night Nappies