Wild Child Night nappies

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wild Child Night nappies

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I assume so as they are advertised as OS :oops:

Are they the same as the ones in the Jabula store? If so there are 2 sizes - 1 and 2 so they aren't technically OS. :-?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Louise wrote:

Are they the same as the ones in the Jabula store? If so there are 2 sizes - 1 and 2 so they aren't OS. :wink:

yes it is buthey the difference is just that the size 2 are a bigger OS IYSWIM (asked Victoria about when I ordered)

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:56 pm

I got the size 2. The insert is made of two inserts sewn together - a shaped shorter one on top and a long thin one underneath (that can be folded over). I have three separate long boosters (2 microfibre, 1 hemp/bamboo?) that can be poppered on and folded as required.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:
Louise wrote:

Are they the same as the ones in the Jabula store? If so there are 2 sizes - 1 and 2 so they aren't OS. :wink:

yes it is buthey the difference is just that the size 2 are a bigger OS IYSWIM (asked Victoria about when I ordered)

How confusing. :-? I think the correct sizing info needs to be on the Jabula website then. You may not be able to adjust the rise though hun, I had a OS side snapping Aussie nappy and the rise wasn't adjustable.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Louise wrote:How confusing. :-? I think the correct sizing info needs to be on the Jabula website then. You may not be able to adjust the rise though hun, I had a OS side snapping Aussie nappy and the rise wasn't adjustable.

Think I best go look at WC website and keep FC otherwise it will never fit him, it's huuuuuge :giggle:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

This is from the Wild Child website -

Size- we revisited our sizing when we designed our Workhorse nappy....we found that we could encompass a greater size range in just two nappies....there is no need for three and it saves money if you only need to upsize ONCE in your cloth nappying journey....our new size ranges are:
SIZE 1- 3.5kg-9kg: waist 28-58cm:rise 33-39cm
SIZE2- 7kg-19kg: waist 28-68cm: rise 39-47cm
Please use measurements over weight as your deciding factor.

The new Wild Childs are a generous fit, size one would encompass size small and medium in most other brands. Size 2 would approximate large and extra large in other brands. My almost 3 year old wears size 2 and her snaps are still meeting in the middle, granted she is a small girl but that gives you a general idea of the sizing.

So it seems that although they ARE sized, the size ranges are broader. HTH :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm

nappynutter wrote:I got the size 2. The insert is made of two inserts sewn together - a shaped shorter one on top and a long thin one underneath (that can be folded over). I have three separate long boosters (2 microfibre, 1 hemp/bamboo?) that can be poppered on and folded as required.

That's what I got :) You described them better than me :giggle:
I'm just wondering if you're meant to use them all together or not, as there'll be TONS of boosting if I do :shock:

Kirsty - Dunno if it fits yet. Going to have a quick try on her at next nappy change and I'll let you know. I hope it does fit, it's so puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurdy! :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

That the sizing for the workhorses though, I have the NN the only thing I can find is this
Size PLUS- one size fits most, THIS nappy will fit larger babies and toddlers. It features a higher rise, greater absorbent layers, and wider crotch measurement.

Size- one size fits most, probably not new bubs though!

so no help with how to fold for a lower rise :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:This is from the Wild Child website -

Size- we revisited our sizing when we designed our Workhorse nappy....we found that we could encompass a greater size range in just two nappies....there is no need for three and it saves money if you only need to upsize ONCE in your cloth nappying journey....our new size ranges are:
SIZE 1- 3.5kg-9kg: waist 28-58cm:rise 33-39cm
SIZE2- 7kg-19kg: waist 28-68cm: rise 39-47cm
Please use measurements over weight as your deciding factor.

The new Wild Childs are a generous fit, size one would encompass size small and medium in most other brands. Size 2 would approximate large and extra large in other brands. My almost 3 year old wears size 2 and her snaps are still meeting in the middle, granted she is a small girl but that gives you a general idea of the sizing.

So it seems that although they ARE sized, the size ranges are broader. HTH :)

That's the day nappy sizing info though not the night nappy I think. :-? All it says about the dreamy night nappy is one size fits most. There is a dreamy night nappy plus which has a slightly higher rise and wider crotch so I guess that's what the size 2 at Jabula is. :-?

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies