Best night nappies for a 9 week old?

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best night nappies for a 9 week old?

Postby holmes2974 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi
I'm new to all this and so far have got very lost with all the abbreviations, so bear with me!
I used cloth nappies for my first daughter, but stuck to one brand (Swaddlebees organic velour two-part, using a Motherease wrap) and have never had any problems with leaking, even overnight.
I'm now using cloth again for my second daughter, who is nine weeks old, but she is obviously a completely different shape to my first little girl and the swaddlebees don't fit her - gaping at the legs. Is this just a shape thing, or could it be becuase the swaddlebees have been so well used?
I've tried out some pocket nappies, and really like them (I can see this site is going to be very dangerous, as I am now completely addicted to nappy shopping!). However, she leaked really badly in a Totsbots fluffles last night. I had good success with a BG V3 (no leaks even overnight). Can anyone recommend a good night nappy? And can anyone explain why I shouldn't use pockets at night? I don't mind using a two-part one at night if that's better, but do you think she will grow into the Swaddlebees or should I try something else?
As I only ever used Swaddlebees with my first daughter, I'm now a bit overwhelmed with all the choice!
Thanks (and sorry for so many questions!!)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Best night nappies for a 9 week old?

Postby lazylexis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

There's lots of past threads about night nappies.bamboo baby beehinds are good,we used small standard minkis which are a pocket nappy.
I'm sure others will be along with suggestions!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 pm

My LO is 5 months old and we are still using BGs overnight. We stick both the newborn and regular insert in and he goes 12 hours without any leaks!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 pm

we use either WN nl or puddlekins OS and these are a diff shape to swaddlebees a bit trimmer through the leg and a higher cut,
we are still growing into our swaddlebees, but they are fine with a wrap,
hth

My avatar
holmes2974
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby holmes2974 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks. I have used the BG one night with both inserts, and she stayed dry, but I was wondering if it was just a fluke as there have been so many posts about not using pockets at night.
Sorry to be dense, but what are WN nls?? I'm not up on the lingo yet!

Return to Night Nappies