Need to be brave!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Need to be brave!

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 am

Hi all, I don't post often but lurk on here most days :oops:

I have been using cloth since July last year and love it but haven't been brave enough to try it overnight yet but I really begrudge paying for the disposables for overnight now our stash has reached 60+

I currently use - bamboozles, ll bamboo, flexitots, motherease os bamboo, blueberrys, itti bitti d'lish's and fuzzis (plus a few randoms that I only have one of). The fitteds I use motherease rikki or ll wraps with.

Are any of the above suitable for overnight use? Would I need to buy some fleece wraps and any additional boosters? If so please could someone recommend some for me? Or would I be better to just buy some proper night nappies? Again please could someone make some recommendations? I don't really want to use wool atm but happy to try anything else!

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Kerry

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Need to be brave!

Postby tanya » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 am

I think it depends on how heavy a wetter your LO is. At 13 months, I would be surprised if any of the nappies you have listed would actually last overnight. I would think you'd be better off getting some dedicated night nappies. For us, the best ones we have at the moment are WeeNotions Night Notions. We also use Hollow Oak night nappies, which are good as well, but need boosting to last the night.

I've used Tots fleece wraps overnight with great success, but you can also get them from Snugglebots, Debbies Nappies and other places.

HTH

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am

I agree with Tanya. You'll probably need a specific night nappy. We use Flutterby Fluff night nappies and dreamscapes without mf in. Although Katie isn't a very heavy wetter - a lot of people with heavy wetters don't get on with bedbugs and dreamscapes. WNNNs are great too, I've never had one of the newer ones but have one on the way to try. I'd definitely recommend fleece wraps/soakers for over a fitted nappy if you don't want to use wool too. If you want to try a pocket nappy overnight fleece outer Minki pockets are very roomy and can be very well stuffed to last overnight.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks ladies, I thought I might need dedicated night nappies - will have a browse later!

One more question - do night nappies come with all the boosting that we are likely to need ie. if I ordered a wnnn would I just use it as it comes with a wrap over the top or would I need to but other things to boost it with? Ds isn't a very heavy wetter at all, I can easily leave him 4 hours between changes during the day in any nappy!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:24 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote:Thanks ladies, I thought I might need dedicated night nappies - will have a browse later!

One more question - do night nappies come with all the boosting that we are likely to need ie. if I ordered a wnnn would I just use it as it comes with a wrap over the top or would I need to but other things to boost it with? Ds isn't a very heavy wetter at all, I can easily leave him 4 hours between changes during the day in any nappy!

You'll probably be fine without adding any boosting then. Unless you don't bother with prewashing like me. :oops: I tend to add a small hemp booster until the nappy has been washed a few times but other than that I don't boost any of Katie's NNs. She's quite a heavy wetter during the day but light/moderate at night.

Return to Night Nappies