A couple of nosy questions...

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

A couple of nosy questions...

Postby Twinmamma » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:46 am

Hi,

I'm new to using NN and I was wondering what other people do...

I have a couple of preloved bedbugs and a preloved WNNN which are all soaking in the morning though the boys wooly soakers are brilliant and I've had no leaks so far :D Also, their bottoms are fine in the morning, no redness or rashes. Both of my monkeys tend to fill their nappies after they've had their first milk of the day.

So, here are my questions:

If your nappies get very wet, do you boost them and if so what with?
Secondly, when do you change your little one out of their night nappy? Before or after breakfast? I ask this because when I use 'sposies I tend to change after breakfast to save me a cloth nappy explosion :oops: but I'm not sure the NN are comfortable after a night in them and up to a bomb from my boys!

Thanks for letting me be nosy :giggle:

Natalie x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: A couple of nosy questions...

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

I never have to boost a WNNN but i would add an easy peasy hemp if i had to :) i like those!
I change K's nappy as soon as he wakes up...

Im funny about night nappies being soaking wet and i would rather they arnt so i stick mainly with minkee outter nappies becuase i find it doesnt feel as wet, however a wet through nappy is fine as long as its not leaking through woolies etc... Add some boosting if your worried about it though!

I always put Kieren into a poobable ( :oops: :giggle: ) nappy, I have a stash of little lamb bamboos and things that I dont mind getting pooped in but i save my 'pretty' nappies for after the event :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 am

I would boost with wither hemp or bamboo. Both are slim, so shouldn't add too much bulk. As Tory says, Esay Peasy hemp boosters are very good and about the right size to go into WNNN.

I change Bella after she has had her morning bottle but before breakfast, but she doesn't poo in after her breakfast. I never know when she is going to do it. I think in you situation, I would change as soon as they get up and put them in a pretty basic nappy just to catch the poo, then put a nicer one on after. Like Tory says a "pooable" nappy (I like that expression Tory :giggle: )

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 pm

I boost Gracies bedbugs and dreamscapes with a Tykies doubler or an easy peasy hemp. I don't like nappies to be very wet on the outside either just damp for me.

We take Gracie nappy off as soon as she comes through in the morning, usually take it off and leve it off for a while to get air about her bum then she gores into a BG or fuzzie to poo in which she usually does - Glad I am not the only one who has poo'ing in nappies!! :giggle:

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I also change Finn into a pooable nappy, usually a prefold. I have tons of them but only use them for this kind of occasion or if I need to change him just an hour or so before bedtime.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Kirstyh wrote:We take Gracie nappy off as soon as she comes through in the morning, usually take it off and leve it off for a while to get air about her bum then she gores into a BG or fuzzie to poo in which she usually does - Glad I am not the only one who has poo'ing in nappies!! :giggle:

I always feel a bit horrified if he poo's in one of his DnF's :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

i haven't needed to boost Be'ns WNNN but i did boost his bedbug, i have some EP hemp boosters here if you wanna try hun can pop them to you if u like :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:11 pm

megansmummy wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:We take Gracie nappy off as soon as she comes through in the morning, usually take it off and leve it off for a while to get air about her bum then she gores into a BG or fuzzie to poo in which she usually does - Glad I am not the only one who has poo'ing in nappies!! :giggle:

I always feel a bit horrified if he poo's in one of his DnF's :oops: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: yep the pretties aren't for poo'ing in :nono:

My avatar
Twinmamma
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Twinmamma » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Thank you ladies for your wisdom... I knew if I asked you'd help!

I love the idea of having a couple of nappies for poos, can't think why it has never occured to me before :roll: I have just the thing hidden at the bottom of my stash.

Dee, I'll take you up on the boosters please and see how we get on. I'll catch up with you when I get back from Devon.

Nxxx

Next

Return to Night Nappies