hf1

WCNN problems!

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

WCNN problems!

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 am

I haven't tried our WCNN overnight yet, but have used it a few times during the day, usually for naps. I have the size one, and the waist is done up almost on the smallest setting. My problem is that both with and without all the boosters we get some serious leg gape! I have tried adjusting the poppers loads, and all kinds of different booster combinations, but nothing makes any difference.

Am I doing something wrong, is there something I can do differently or will it just not ever suit Freya's shape? :cry:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WCNN problems!

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 am

It sounds like the fit isn't right. She may grow into it though. Do you have any other front fastening nappies? For a long time we have been unable to use front snapping nappies at all as we got major wing droop. We got a better fit with side snapping nappies as you can adjust the waist and thigh snaps seperately. We can use some front fastening nappies now but I still prefer side snaps.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I agree with Louise - if there's nothing you can do to get the fit right, then theres not much for it except to hope she might fit into it later as her shape changes (babies like to do that - just as you get a stash full of nappies that work for you, baby changes shape :roll: ) although if its size one then it might get grown out of before that happens :-?

We dont get on very well with WNNNs either (Im assuming thats what you meant?) but maybe you could try another type, or if funds are limited, see if someone would consider a swap?

ETA: Oops Ive just learnt about Wild Child Night Nappies, sorry :oops: :oops: Ive been out of the nappy loop too long! Dont have any experience of these...maybe I should get one...

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:10 pm

No I meant a Wild Child. Yes that's what I am afraid of, that she will have outgrown it before the fit is right :( . Shame, I only bought it last week and really really love it :(. She does have fairly skinny thighs I guess. Yeah we use other front fastening nappies, but I must admit our side fastenings fit better.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 pm

You might be ok - it's not technically a size 1. It's a dreamy night nappy and is classed as one size fits most. The size 2s at Jabula are the dreamy night nappy plus and have a slightly wider crotch and higher rise designed for chunkier babies. From the WC website - :wink:

Dreamy night nappy
Size- one size fits most, probably not new bubs though!

Size PLUS- one size fits most, THIS nappy will fit larger babies and toddlers. It features a higher rise, greater absorbent layers, and wider crotch measurement.

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Thanks Louise, the sizing did confuse me a bit when I bought it, I notice Victoria has changed it on Jabula to say that size one fits most to potty training, this makes me feel loads better - I think I will just keep it until she gets a bit fatter round the legs! :giggle:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm

:oops: Yes, sorry, been messing about with the sizing. I didn't like the 'one size' thing - as someone mentioned, people generally think of that as having rise adjustment, so used size 1 and 2.. but think that may put people off buying size 1 when that will really suit a lot of babies up to potty training (I tried it on my 2.5 yr old niece and it fitted her fine. She is skinny though)...

So..... they are now 'standard' (= to the 'onesize' on Wild Child website) and 'Plus size'.

I'm trying to get some weight ranges on there, but haven't been able to get the info from WC yet. I'm going to send out a little survey to all those who bought them to check how they are fitting and will get some more feedback on them soon hopefully.

As always, people are very welcome to send back any that aren't the right size (as long as unused/unwashed).

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Mmm, I bought size 2's (the plus size). DS2 is 17m but he's only 19lb (I had to weigh him to find out as I had no idea, lol) and is a skinny minny so I asked Victoria which size to get. Now I'm wondering if I should have got the size 1 (the standard size) after all as they do seem big on him. DH put one of the night nappies on the other night and after half an hour it was down at his knees. At the time I assumed it was DH being stupid (although he's normally very good at putting nappies on), but now I'm not so sure.

A bit of a bummer if the standard size is the right size for him as the two nappies I really wanted have been sold now. :cry:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

nappynutter wrote:Mmm, I bought size 2's (the plus size). DS2 is 17m but he's only 19lb (I had to weigh him to find out as I had no idea, lol) and is a skinny minny so I asked Victoria which size to get. Now I'm wondering if I should have got the size 1 (the standard size) after all as they do seem big on him. DH put one of the night nappies on the other night and after half an hour it was down at his knees. At the time I assumed it was DH being stupid (although he's normally very good at putting nappies on), but now I'm not so sure.

A bit of a bummer if the standard size is the right size for him as the two nappies I really wanted have been sold now. :cry:

Morag, it would be good to hear what you think of the size 1/standard on it's way to you. I would have thought either would fit him at 19lb to be honest, as there is a big overlap of sizing in the middle, but if it's fallen down to his knees then that does sound like it's too big :-?

See what you think about the size 1 and we can discuss what to do about the other size 2s you have.

p.s. I've asked for more of the VHCs :wink:

Next

Return to Night Nappies