hf1

We tried the Wild Child Dreamy...

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

We tried the Wild Child Dreamy...

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:35 am

Findlay went to bed in his WC dreamy night nappy last night with an extra hemp piggyback booster and when I got him up after 12 hours all the inserts and the outer were soaked but no leaks despite the fact you could have fitted an extra baby into the nappy with him as we had massive leg gape and even on the tightest setting it was still too big around the waist. When it says it won't fit new babies it really does mean it I've discovered :giggle:

Normally if you put him to bed in a WNNN (all bamboo no mf version) plus 2 EP hemp he'll soak through those and the whole of the inside of the wrap will be dripping wet in well under 12 hrs so the Wild Child is def a big improvement!!

Might try getting some extra hemp or bamboo piggyback inserts to put in instead of the microfibre ones. Is there much difference between hemp and bamboo or will they both hold about the same amount of liquid?

Not looking forward to trying to put the nappy back together again though with all it's millions of inserts :shock: :shock: I'm wishing I'd taken pics of it when it arrived yesterday so I knew how to put it back together again! :-?

Ooo and the care label says it can be washed up to 40C and can be tumble dried on low.

1. I thought you can't tumble dry bamboo at all
2. If we can only wash it at 40 how do we strip wash it??

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: We tried the Wild Child Dreamy...

Postby Frances » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 am

That's fab news! I've never found much difference between hemp and bamboo.

I wash all my bamboo at 60, and often tumble on low; it doesn't seem to have deteriorated at all

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:47 am

:wine: to it being a success. I found bamboo and hemp far better than mf personally but not much difference between the two. I can't use mf at all in any of Katie's day nappies as we get leaks from compression wicking. (We're ok overnight though as she doesn't drink overnight so is quite a light wetter).

I wash all my nappies at 60 and virtually all of them have dyed BV outers. The first couple of washes it may shrink a bit but that doesn't sound like a bad thing for you. :lol:

My avatar
CinderellasStash
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CinderellasStash » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am

Might try getting some extra hemp or bamboo piggyback inserts to put in instead of the microfibre ones. Is there much difference between hemp and bamboo or will they both hold about the same amount of liquid?

Microfibre wicks the wetness away, it doesn't really 'hold' the wee as hemp or bamboo does. It's great to use teamed with a hemp or bamboo booster. I used my microfibre boosters as a top layer in pocket nappies OR a middle layer in fitteds & AIO's.
Bamboo holds more fluid than hemp, and doesn't normally get the ammonia smell that teething babies/toddlers can create overnight.
Hemp is more likely to get the strong ammonia smell from teething/toddler wees, doesn't hold as much fluid as bamboo, but is more durable. You'll find a hemp insert/nappy will outlast a bamboo usually.

1. I thought you can't tumble dry bamboo at all

You can, but I wouldn't advise it until the nappy has had afew washes. Ask me how I know LOL

2. If we can only wash it at 40 how do we strip wash it??

Strip wash the same as any other nappy.. just only do it when it needs.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone! :mrgreen:

I'll go for bamboo then rather than hemp when Jabula have some back in stock

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 pm

:wine: for it being a sucess. do you ever use wool? It is way better than a pul wrap.
I was all nappies at 60 and give them a tuble to fluff them up after being on the clothes airer thingy.
As for putting the boosters back together it doesn't matter what order really, you will have the same absorbabcy no matter what x

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Yes we use wool in the day and usually use it at night however I decided to use a PUL wrap over it due to the fact I was concerned that wee would pour out of the legs due to the enormous leg gape as Findlay is far too small and skinny for the nappy bless him.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 pm

glad it worked for you...i tried ours last night and really wasnt impressed :( I ended up changing K at 2.15am which to be fair is just daft having to change him in the night...he sleeps so little anyway :-? but i felt under him and the WC was wet through his woolies and when i took his woolies off he had poop'd (which he never does!!) and it was EVERYWHERE :( the nappy really didnt contain much at all :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 pm

megansmummy wrote:glad it worked for you...i tried ours last night and really wasnt impressed :( I ended up changing K at 2.15am which to be fair is just daft having to change him in the night...he sleeps so little anyway :-? but i felt under him and the WC was wet through his woolies and when i took his woolies off he had poop'd (which he never does!!) and it was EVERYWHERE :( the nappy really didnt contain much at all :(

oh no :( When Gracie wears hers it isn't even damp on the outside come morning time!

Next

Return to Night Nappies