hf1

HL bedbug - which size?

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

HL bedbug - which size?

Postby charlala » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 am

I'm desperate to try a bedbug but not sure which size to go for. Last week LO was 14lbs so if I hang on a fortnight or so we'd technically be about right for M/L however being right on edge of weight range may equal a bad fit.
What do you reckon?
TIA ladies
charlotte x

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: HL bedbug - which size?

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:10 am

I have been using HL bedbugs in M/L size on my DD since she was that weight and never had a problem, you might want to get a preloved one before you commit to buying one just to make sure the fit is right :)

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:41 am

In my experience I have found that a few pounds under doesn't seem to make much of a difference (think along the lines of baby clothing). And you can get some mileage out of a M/L - 15-30lbs!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 am

I'd always go by measurements instead of weight - if you look on Bonnie's site I think she gives min and max measurements per size.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:10 am

Frances wrote:I'd always go by measurements instead of weight - if you look on Bonnie's site I think she gives min and max measurements per size.

WSS
Gracie was wearing a m/l afom about that weight as well, she is long and very skinny. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 am

I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say I'd probably get a M. They are virtually the same size wise and are wider at the crotch so better for containing bf poo. Katie still fits in her M now and she is almost 28lbs. She also wears M/Ls and toddler too and they all fit fine.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 am

I'm new into the world of HL, but got a preloved Hl from here & a new one...

The preloved is M/L & waaay too big on Elsie still... Her M is perfect!!

She's just over 16lbs, but very teeny...

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

Louise wrote:I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say I'd probably get a M. They are virtually the same size wise and are wider at the crotch so better for containing bf poo. Katie still fits in her M now and she is almost 28lbs. She also wears M/Ls and toddler too and they all fit fine.

I agree with this.

Poppy is a little older than your little one and probably around 16lb (she's not be weighed in months so not sure on actual weight but she's just in 6-9 month clothes) and she wears bedbugs in small, medium and M/L but the mediums are definately the better fit right now. The M/L are a bit big around her legs.

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for replies.
I think I'm going to try and pick up one of each pre-loved and see. Would be nice if we could go straight into M/L as they come up more often and will last longer but I agree with what some of you are saying that they could fit not quite as well :D

Next

Return to Night Nappies