hf1

Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Searching for night nappies... Again *sigh*

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 pm

it's not a Bamfluff nn I have just a standard day one but what I do is fold a small bamboo boosters in the tri fold that it come with and pop and easy peasy under all that and it isn't even damp on the outside in the morning where as something like a Dreamscape would be very damp even the one with oc core. The bamfluff is just too big for day use but perfic for night :D

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Kirstyh wrote:it's not a Bamfluff nn I have just a standard day one but what I do is fold a small bamboo boosters in the tri fold that it come with and pop and easy peasy under all that and it isn't even damp on the outside in the morning where as something like a Dreamscape would be very damp even the one with oc core. The bamfluff is just too big for day use but perfic for night :D

thankyou for solving my mystery hun! :wink: :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

sophie2198 wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:it's not a Bamfluff nn I have just a standard day one but what I do is fold a small bamboo boosters in the tri fold that it come with and pop and easy peasy under all that and it isn't even damp on the outside in the morning where as something like a Dreamscape would be very damp even the one with oc core. The bamfluff is just too big for day use but perfic for night :D

thankyou for solving my mystery hun! :wink: :)

:giggle: you're welcome :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

Well, per Ems' request, I weghed Bella's night nappy last night before going on and this morning when it came off.

Dry it was 250g, wet it was 700g - that's 450g :shock: , so nearly half a litre of fluid over night, added to the enormous amounts she pees through the day. That's some serious wetting. No wonder her night nappies rarely cope.

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 am

tanya2007 wrote:Well, per Ems' request, I weghed Bella's night nappy last night before going on and this morning when it came off.

Dry it was 250g, wet it was 700g - that's 450g :shock: , so nearly half a litre of fluid over night, added to the enormous amounts she pees through the day. That's some serious wetting. No wonder her night nappies rarely cope.

wow is that with wool? If so she peed a lot more and it evaporated :giggle:

I dont know if the weight is the same as volume though. The g is weight not volume so not automatically a litre. Sorry not meaning to be pedantic but trying to remember back to maths at school and failing a bit and very interested in how much volume she is actually producing. I think it might be an idea for night nappy makers to test their nappies with water and give a typical volume that the nappy can hold.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 pm

When I weighed Iris' wet NN, I worked out she'd pee'd more than 400ml (can't recall exact amount). Frances did some testing for me (weighing, then wetting and weighing a Wee Notions NN, amongst others) to work out what would work for Iris. A WN NN just wasn't up to the job for us, I remember that. But I agree with Heather; it would be so useful if WAHMs could give an idea of how much liquid their nappies can cope with. Although I guess flooding nappies (like Bella and Iris do) would make it more difficult to calculate. :-?

I know that g to ml is the same for water (1:1), it differs for other liquids because of density. Not sure about wee. :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Well, I forgot to mention that the nappy also leaked so there was also some on her woolies and her sleepsuit!!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Wow tanya , that is some amount of wee!!! :shock: :shock:

Im no good with conversions off the top of my head , i use sites :oops: but if urine is 1:1 g to ml just like water is then thats just over 15oz of wee!! :shock:

I would love to know how much H wees per night lol :giggle: dont have any scales though , and dont think it would e appropriate to borrow the neighbours for this kind of experiment! :wink: :hohoho:

Def think it would be good for the websites to state how many mls/oz of urine there night nappies can hold though :wink:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

This is an interesting thread!
But now I'm totally confused about the puddlekins silent nights. :-? I think they must've changed cos the one I've got didn't even last as a day nappy without boosting before Rebekah PT :( (Now she's just in nappies overnight & for her nap). If I'm using it at night I have to boost with a GK bamboo & hemp booster. When I tried it as a day nappy (pre PT) when Rebekah wee'd it just flooded out & streamed down her legs!! :shock: It's VERY trim (trimmer than the PK day nappies we have) & doesn't feel like there's anything in the main body of it other than a layer of bamboo fleece (probably 2)... I love the look of it though & that's why I've never sold it. She's not a night time heavy wetter like some, our main NN are bedbugs & they've never needed boosting. I love our WNNN too but with the gapey legs we always get poo leaks so she can only wear them if she's recently poo'd :giggle:

The joy of NN! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies