hf1

Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

Postby ems » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm

just quickly, fluids are also measured in specific gravity, h20 has a weight/mass of 1 g/ml in STP ( standard temperature and presure) ... UO ... urine output is measured in ml, and in clinical care 1 gram of urine is equal to 1 ml of urine. There are various papers on the evaporation or urine in nappies done with dummy urine ( saline) and real urine.. and it doesn't equal alot.

I did talk on here about urine output and weighing in nappies a few months back, where I went into UO.. urine output ... per hour per kilo for each age group, and what is healthy and whats not. I have had personal experience in kidney and bladder function as I have to ( sorry tmi!!!) keep a very close eye on my own and had a child with a few problems too. When he was in hospital they weighed every single nappy on every child in his ward, and we dod for months after.
I've asked many of my customers to weigh nappies for me to give an indicator for me to make them custom nappies. I think its just good practice. There is no point in someone buying something on whim that it may work.. or not.. it just needs to work.

Dont like to post too much about my nappies in these quarters.. but the silent nights now have a trifold booster with zorb inside, and the nappy itself as evxtra alyers inside and more zorb. So theres around 5 extra layers more than they started with, 2 of those layers being zorb.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

The extra attention you pay to getting the nappy just right is very much appreciated by me. I haven't actually found many nappy makers who will go that extra mile for us, so a big THANK YOU from us :)

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

tanya2007 wrote:The extra attention you pay to getting the nappy just right is very much appreciated by me. I haven't actually found many nappy makers who will go that extra mile for us, so a big THANK YOU from us :)

^
wss!

Although ive never had a custom nappy from you (yet! :wink: ) Emma , you ALWAYS seem to give such excellent cs to EVERYONE , meeting the specific needs of every customer , not just those who fit ' the bill' iygwim?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:28 pm

awwwwwwwww! thankyou !!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

ems wrote:
I did talk on here about urine output and weighing in nappies a few months back, where I went into UO.. urine output ... per hour per kilo for each age group, and what is healthy and whats not. I have had personal experience in kidney and bladder function as I have to ( sorry tmi!!!) keep a very close eye on my own and had a child with a few problems too. When he was in hospital they weighed every single nappy on every child in his ward, and we dod for months after.
I've asked many of my customers to weigh nappies for me to give an indicator for me to make them custom nappies. I think its just good practice. There is no point in someone buying something on whim that it may work.. or not.. it just needs to work.

I'd be interested in knowing more about this cos I don't think I drink enough, I worry about how much Rebekah drinks & Grace has gone from a super heavy wetter to hardly wet at all!! :shock: Is there a link to the discussion?

ems wrote:Dont like to post too much about my nappies in these quarters.. but the silent nights now have a trifold booster with zorb inside, and the nappy itself as evxtra alyers inside and more zorb. So theres around 5 extra layers more than they started with, 2 of those layers being zorb.

Think I need to try one of your new ones then!! :wink: I love our old style SN (it's so pretty) I was just gutted that it didn't last overnight. I'm glad they're big too cos Rebekah is outgrowing her large WN now :( I've always found your cs fab & think it's brill that you go the extra mile! :hug:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:15 pm

trying to find it..

It was a chat on kidney function.. rates of urine output p/hour p/kilo

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

tanya2007 wrote:The extra attention you pay to getting the nappy just right is very much appreciated by me. I haven't actually found many nappy makers who will go that extra mile for us, so a big THANK YOU from us :)

WSS

Anyone who can put up with my mindless jibbering about nappies and still try and help deserves a medal :wine: :hug:

Previous

Return to Night Nappies