hf1

WNNN outer fabrics

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

WNNN outer fabrics

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:22 am

Ok. so i am trying to get back into night nappies, and want to try a WeeNotions.

Has anybody noticed any difference to the absorbancy and fit depending on what outer fabric is used?

We love our Northern Lights and have cotton, bamboo velour, cotton velour and no outer ones. Least absobant is the one with no outer, most absorbant bamboo velour :-?

So how about minki or jersey outers?

Any help or advice gratefully received :D

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: WNNN outer fabrics

Postby Scotia » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:31 am

I'll be watching this post with interest too. I have one with a cotton jersey print outer and it's good for Kerr but I'm going to get some more and can't make up my mind what to get :-?

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 am

Minkee doesn't really have any absorbing properties. The Bamboo velour outer ones will no doubt be the most absorbent as the outer fabric acts as an additional absorbing layer. :)

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

I have 2 minky outers, 2 cotton outers and a BOV outer night notions and the minky ones are the only ones that are bone dry on the outside every morning (well when they are used over night anyway :giggle: ) I love them :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

I borrowed one to try that had a minkee outer and it was fab, bone dry on the outside. x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Noah has cotton, jersey and OBV outers and the latter two have more stretch to them compared with the cotton one. So we get a better fit with those. I've not really noticed any real difference in the absorbancy though.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:29 pm

i like the minkee outer ones, on a warm night we use them wrap free and they're always dry outside.x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:33 pm

We have plain bamboo outer ones and I can't really fault the absorbancy, we just have a problem with fit. I was tempted to try a BOV outer one, but as the fit is so bad, I'm just going to get rid of the ones I have.

Return to Night Nappies