LLS NN

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: LLS NN

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 am

cvdbout wrote:Can someone help me?

I'm wanting to buy one of these, but not sure whether to 'upgrade' the core or not?

Whats the absorbancy like with the interlock core vs hemp or bamboo (if there is one)? DS currently soaks UDNN in french soy and bamboo terry both with tri-booster, and WNNN.

Or is it just slimmer to get one of the others?

I've ordered a custom one which I added the bamboo hemp fleece to but this won't arrive for a week or so. If you're still curious I can let you know once I have it. Hopefully someone else will come along before then and let you know or maybe Beth can advise.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 am

I'm just waiting for the fabrics to arrive from Beth and the nappies will be with you asap Emma :)

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 am

I have two LLS NNs both with the bamboo interlock core. DD is generally a light wetter (although she does occasionally soak her WCNN) and the LLS NNs work fantastically. They tend to be a bit damp on the outside in the morning but not soaked. I use wool so I don't know if that makes a difference but I would definitely get more..... Well, I already have another one ordered and will probably get one more at some point....... :giggle:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 am

The bamboo hemp fleece isn't an option yet. It's on the way though so will be up to buy really soon, within a week or next few days I would have thought. Kirsty gave me some good feedback about the fit on Gracie who is very tall and slender, especially compared to my stocky chunk of a child. :giggle: It was interesting though in terms of the fit over different body types.

I'm just discussing with Amber adding on a heavy wetter option and the make up of it. The way the nappies can be customised means you can pretty much tailor the fabric options for the various layers to customise for absorbency, look or preferred fabric types or add on extra custom inserts for absorbency and they are one of the most absorbent nappies I've used. Amber can better advise on the best fabric combinations in terms of absorbency and overall trimness of the nappy or in relation to what you prefer.

I've just dyed a huge batch fabric, which I'm putting through a load of washes today, so they will probably be sent out to Amber on Saturday when I'll have DH here to help me.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:48 am

angelsquidge wrote:I'm just waiting for the fabrics to arrive from Beth and the nappies will be with you asap Emma :)

:waiting: :giggle: Just kidding - I like that smiley as it always makes me :giggle: Can't wait for the nappies tho, hun, and very excited to see how they look.

The bamboo hemp fleece isn't an option yet. It's on the way though so will be up to buy really soon, within a week or next few days I would have thought

Beth, just wondering what will the core inserts will be made of with the nappies I ordered as I selected the 'hemp fleece' option as an addition? Or am I getting my materials mixed up and the hemp fleece option is different from the bamboo hemp fleece one? :-? Looks what happens when you give your customers too many options..... :giggle:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 am

I've just added bamboo hemp fleece as an option just now. It'll be here though by the time I do another fabric dye batch.

The Hemp Fleece is a hemp cotton blend (55% Hemp, 45% Cotton), the bamboo hemp is a hemp bamboo blend (70% Bamboo, 30% Hemp). The inserts you ordered would be made up with hemp fleece as selected.

I know I should try to keep things simple. I'm bad for having a variety of choice though (colourways are a prime example). :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 am

beffys wrote:I've just added bamboo hemp fleece as an option just now. It'll be here though by the time I do another fabric dye batch.

The Hemp Fleece is a hemp cotton blend (55% Hemp, 45% Cotton), the bamboo hemp is a hemp bamboo blend (70% Bamboo, 30% Hemp). The inserts you ordered would be made up with hemp fleece as selected.

I know I should try to keep things simple. I'm bad for having a variety of choice though (colourways are a prime example). :giggle:

Damn :roll: may just have to make another order now :giggle: By the time I have decided what materials to have the nappy made from, what insert to have and whether I want a colourway, tri-tone, multitone or fabric outer then it may just be instock :giggle: :giggle:

:wine: for a fab site, the fun of choosing and for clarifying the insert options

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 am

:giggle: The bamboo hemp fllece just arrived. You can switch to it if you want. I haven't opened the roll to check, but it shouldn't be anything else.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

I am really confused now :hohoho: Someone tell me what to get!

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies