hf1

Wee Notions NN leg gape?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Wee Notions NN leg gape?

Postby rhead » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 pm

I've heard a lot about this with these nappies, and so far (we've used ours 2 or 3 times) I've been finding that although it looks fine when I put it on Lili, when I go to take it off her in the morning there's a huge gap between the nappy and her inner thigh (like half an inch :-?). Never happens with her WN pockets, or with any of our other NNs (Bedbugs, for example). I was just wondering if that's the same thing other people have been talking about, or has it been more an issue of with all the boosters people need to put in it gapes from the get-go?

Lili's such a light wetter, I just use the double insert that goes in the pocket with an Easy Peasy hemp booster and don't bother with the one that snaps in. :oops: Overstuffing is definitely not an issue for us!

Not sure if it matters but mine's a cotton outer, curious if anyone gets a better fit with the minkee or OBV outers?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Wee Notions NN leg gape?

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:46 pm

we have terrible leg gape with out NN's but use them anyway and they have never leaked once :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:46 pm

We have a BV outer one and don't have any fit problems at all and that's with all the inserts in. It is rather huge thought atm especially in the rise. :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:51 pm

We have plain bamboo outer NNs and we get terrible leg gape come morning, but ours are absolutely saturated and extremely heavy, so it could be that pulling them down :( The fit is that bad that I'm gonna have to sell them soon, but need to find and test alternatives first.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 pm

oh forgot to say we have minky, cotton and BOV outer ones :oops: wee notions that is

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm

We have leg gape but it somehow doesn't affect the performance at all, never once had a leak with them :-?
Antonia is a light wetter too, we just use the snap in insert, nothing in the pocket. The new ones seem to be better than the old ones for us too.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

I have a previous style which is BV outer and with the inserts it feels a bit rigid and so causes leg gape. I also have a new style cotton outer which doesn't gape at the leg at all despite using the double insert and the triple snap-in and a WN bamboo booster and sometimes more if he has an early night! :shock: :hohoho:

Return to Night Nappies