hf1

how do i know if ethans a heavy wetter or not?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

how do i know if ethans a heavy wetter or not?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:22 pm

sorry to sound a bit dim but how do you know if your LO is a heavy wetter or not?

i put him to bed in a large new style wnnn, lined with both minki inners and outters and all of the boosters that it came with...i believe thats 6 layers...is that correct?
i also sandwiched a hemp insert between the nappy and his fleece soaker.

anyway, he woke up this morning, no leaks, his vest and pyjamas just felt a bit cold. The nappy was wet and the hemp insert that had been outside the nappy was wet too, mainly at the front and middle, and was a tiny bit dry at the back.

he slept from 7pm last night until 7.20am this morning so hes sleeping a full 12 hours usualy. so is he a heavy wetter or not then?

am just wondering so i can gauge what other nappies to try at night.

thanks in advance x

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: how do i know if ethans a heavy wetter or not?

Postby jasmine b » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:28 pm

i have no idea sorry - but in my case - my 8 month old is generally soaked through after 4 hours of sleeping but hes still feeding a lot at night, he wears wnnn or bedbugs and wool so i generally think of him being a heavy wetter.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 pm

He sounds like he could be. How many times have you washed the nappy? It'll get more absorbant the more it's washed so you could find that he doesn't need the extra booster after a while.

Noahs a heavy wetter and his nappy is almost dripping some mornings. I can't use anything but WNNNs on him...

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 pm

paintedclaws wrote:He sounds like he could be. How many times have you washed the nappy? It'll get more absorbant the more it's washed so you could find that he doesn't need the extra booster after a while.

Noahs a heavy wetter and his nappy is almost dripping some mornings. I can't use anything but WNNNs on him...

well, i bought it preloved of a lovely mama off here so am assuming it had been washed and worn a few times before we got it although it was immaculate. i washed it so ethan could wear it the night it arrived and as i have no other night nappies here as have sold my stash of standard minkis as they wasnt working for us i had to rewash and dry it again ready for last night so it had definatly been washed enough i would say....the first night i used it on him i didnt add the hemp and we had no leaks so last night was just an experiment realy to see what would happen if i added the hemp booster.

tonight....as my other night nappies havnt arrived yet i am going to try him in the only fitted i have left in the house ....a cotton motherease onesize boosted with 8 layers of bamboo (i made some bamboo boosters a while ago from some bamboo terries i had knocking about. i will add a large fleece liner so his skin stays drier and a fleece soaker over the top and we shall just have to see what happens....it may all go horribly wrong lol. x

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm

The amount of absorbant layers the new wnnn have are 12 as far as i believe - 6 in the triple booster , 4 in the booster that goes inside the pocket , and then 2 in the nappy itself.....something like that anyway!

I fold one of the bits of thr triple booster in half , towards the front , to give another 2 layers in his main wetting area so this gives us 14 layers....they are wet in the morning , not in the back half though , and not soaking - nowhere near! After spending god knows how long trying to find the *prefect* night nappy ive finally found it!

H is a heavy wetter , and these are without a doubt the best night nappy ever made imo :D :wine:

If you feel you need to add the hemp booster still then do , but tbh if its not saturated in the morning after 12 hours (ours are on for 13 - 14 hours! :oops: ) and the back is still dry i'd carry on without it!

Return to Night Nappies