hf1

Smelly Night Nappies

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Smelly Night Nappies

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 am

We are just getting back into night nappies and i am loving them - but dh is not very keen as they always smell so much by the morning (as well as her pj's and bedding).

:( He won't even let dd in our bed in the morning until she has been changed now :-?

Does everybody else have this problem - i know there is alot of hours of wee in there - or does dd just have really smelly wee :giggle:

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Smelly Night Nappies

Postby Soozi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am

we have really smelly wee at the moment - i am hoping its just something i have fed him LOL

i think its a bit harsh your dh wont let her in bed until changed - no ones the freshest in the morning are they? :wink:

how long ago did you strip them>?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 am

My DH also comments on how much Bella's night nappies stink - really concentrated urine smell - but as long as they don't leak, he's happy for her to come into our bed (means he doesn't have to get out of it to give her cuddles :giggle: ).

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:22 am

Ours always smell of wee in the morning.if he's got wool on then his pyjamas do too

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:09 pm

I find it worse during teething. We've just had a long stint of very little smell in the mornings and now it's really nasty again. Tallin has a ton of second teeth coming up so I'm blaming that. If I dose him up on chamomilla during the day it's not nearly as bad.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 pm

BARLEY WATER! I let my bubs drink it because it helps with her nappy rash, i think its something to do with the high consentration of the urine. Anyway a side effect was less stinky night nappies!

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 am

littlesez wrote:BARLEY WATER! I let my bubs drink it because it helps with her nappy rash, i think its something to do with the high consentration of the urine. Anyway a side effect was less stinky night nappies!

Really?? Do you use something like Robinsons? or is there something else? Imogens night nappies at times really really stink come morning so I might give that a go :)

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am

We find its related to teething too - go through a week where it's really dilute ammonia, then days where just walking into his bedroom in the morning is enough to make you choke.

It doesn't seem to matter how much he drinks either, so i may try the barley water thing too

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 am

weefywoo wrote:
littlesez wrote:BARLEY WATER! I let my bubs drink it because it helps with her nappy rash, i think its something to do with the high consentration of the urine. Anyway a side effect was less stinky night nappies!

Really?? Do you use something like Robinsons? or is there something else? Imogens night nappies at times really really stink come morning so I might give that a go :)

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37490 :wink:

Next

Return to Night Nappies