hf1

How wet are your nappies in the morning?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

How wet are your nappies in the morning?

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:21 am

Hi ladies, first time posting on this topic :idea:

My DD is 5 months old and up until now we have just been using a basic bamboo fitted nappy overnight (Nature Babies Loveables) I use two slim bamboo inserts and a fleece liner, and that's what she's been sleeping in since she was 11 weeks old (when she started sleeping through and so stopped pooing at night!). I was perfectly happy with those nappies until I joined CNT :giggle: but now have discovered this whole world of specific night nappies!

I have bought a WNNN, Dreamscape and have a Bedbug on it's way (all preloved). I love the feel of the WNNN with the fleece inner (it's an old style) and the Dreamscape is just soooo pretty :-) but I can't say that I am noticing any difference in terms of whether one nappy is better than the other. They are all soaking wet in the morning, but none of them have leaked out of the wrap.

Should a night nappy have dry patches in the morning, or is it normal for them to be soaked through? the other night I fed DD at 2am for the first time in weeks, and her nappy was sopping wet in the morning even though it was a nighttime specific nappy. Other times even my basic bamboo fitted has dry patches in the morning.

I am happy to use whatever is best for my DD, as I'll only need about 4 or 5 night nappies they can be Dreamscapes, Bedbugs or anything else - but at the moment I just have no idea how to compare which is better!

Does anyone have any advice about what they look for in a night nappy? Is it possible to get a nappy that will remain fairly dry, and is that ultimately what I should be aiming for? It's just that all these stories and posts about people having to use sposies, or having HUUUGE cloth bums at night just don't make any sense to me - so I wonder if I'm missing something or just have a very light wetter?! As a rough guide, she can last approx 3 hours in a BG with the large insert and LL bamboo booster, or a WNSS with a BBOS insert.

Thanks ladies :oops:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How wet are your nappies in the morning?

Postby clairelou88 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:55 am

i had the same problems with my WNNN and bedbugs, completely soaked through, yet no leaks! strange! ive been using standard minki's now, and they have been fine! also i brought a preloved WCNN and also no problems with wetness on the outside!
its fine for the nappies to be soaked, i personally just wasnt happy with it! so switched!
my standard minki is always dry in the morning and i have a heavy wetter he pees through everything! and my Wildchild is dry to, sorry if im repeating myself i need a :coffee: :giggle:
Last edited by clairelou88 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:23 am

If your lo is sleeping through i would think she'll be a lightish wetter.we're still having anything for 3 to 8 feeds at 10 months.how wet his nappies are depends on how much he's fed overnight.
I like ours to be damp on the outside but not soaking.
At 5 months we couldn't get a wnnn to last overnight at all

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:27 am

For me I don't like the nappy to be really wet on the outside because we use wool the wetness combined with baby moving causes the wool to felt, unfortunately both Poppy and Noah like to push their night nappies right to the edge of the absorbancy.. I don't like the inside of the soaker to be to wet, a little damp is fine.

Noah wears new style WNNN's which suit him fine but every now and again he does saturate it, I'd say he's a moderate to heavy wetter overnight.

Poppy has bedbugs/dreamscapes and at the moment I'm having to boost them because she is still having milk overnight, but we're trialing her overnight without milk (a bit hit and miss) and her nappies are coping much better on the occasions she doesn't have more than her bedtime milk. So sometimes hers are saturated and others they're wet but still have some space for more.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 am

Bella saturates all her night nappies at the moment. She's gone back to being an extremely heavy wetter at night. I am in the process of buying new night nappies and additional boosting to try to get us through the night. I have literally just received some Babeco night boosters, which are absolutely massive and will hopefully make a difference (once pre-washed!)

Bella does wee an exceptional amount overnight.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:15 am

On the few occasions I've used my NNs with Max they have been very wet in the morning and I must say I don't like it. I'm in the process of buying different ones to try and combining them with wool rather than PUL. If LO is sleeping thru then I thinks it fine but a bit 'yeeewwww' when you take it off :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks everyone - I use fleece liners so her skin stays fairly dry, and she doesn't seem bothered by her nappy, but it can be very wet in the morning (the inside of the pul wrap is wet too) and sometimes she has red marks on her legs from the wrap (it has to be fairly snug). I was thinking of trying wool or fleece overnight in the summer so her skin can breathe better, but I'm guessing that will only hold up well if the nappy doesn't get too wet?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:42 am

Dd's nappies are very wet in the mornings. At the moment she is feeding alot in the night. I find that the wee notions are drier than the bedbugs though. Would love to try the llsnn. Anyway, before deciding that they are not for us, I am going to try with wool & I've also ordered some extra boosters from wn & am going to give those a try

edited for grammatical error

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:50 am

I have always found that if I use PUL wraps over night nappies they are soaked in the morning but when using fleece they are damp on the outside. I also found that the minky outer WNNN are always dry feeling on the outside in the mornings. I don't mind the nappies being wet in the morning because we have never had a problem with them leaking on to her sheets and they don't wake her up even after her usual 12.5 hour sleeps every night :wink:

Next

Return to Night Nappies