hf1

How wet are your nappies in the morning?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: How wet are your nappies in the morning?

Postby twinkletot » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Ds's nappies are usually wet on the outside in the morning, I am always surprised when they are dry!! They are not saturated though so as far as I am concerned I am happy with this. If they were saturated every night I would have to re-think.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 pm

DS saturates his UD and WN so we are looking into other options come pay day (LLS and Puddlekins I think).

DD saturates her HL and WN, but she's still feeding 2 or 3 times in the night - but is only in them from 11pm until 8am. Again, looking at other options, as before

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 pm

we don't use night nappies at the mo,
we use a puddlekins one size that is often dry in parts, holdens landing day nappy and home made ones both of these are mainly wet and the wrap wet still feed at night and she is in her night nappy for about 10 hours,
we have no leaks but we are also thinking of using fleece or wool as she is nearly outgrown her bedtime wrap,
I am considering weenotions, puddlekins and lls for night nappies if we ever need them puddlekins above the others for us as we know how absorbant the day ones are and we like the shape,

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:09 am

This morning DS's night notion was really wet and there'd been a leak :( Only a small one but maybe I need to re-lanolise the woolies, although they didn't feel wet themselves? Probaby going to try a standard minki next and maybe a lls - bit confused by all the options though, what's zorb?! :oops:

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
trishy28
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby trishy28 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm

i have been really surprised at fleece, i always thought it was nonsense - how could fleece be a liner (pass the pee through and keep bum dry) and be a wrap - surely it would do the same ?? but i got a soaker because i thoght so many people use it they can't all be wrong and i was really happy, nappies feel nowhere near as wet as they do with pul, the fleece feels damp if you press on it, but only slightly, but when the nappy comes off it falls to the floor cos its SOAKED, found the minkee outer wn is my favourite as the minkee is stay dry. hth

Trisha xx

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 pm

lalas nappy is always soaked through in the morning it doesnt matter what we put her in but shes never leaked and her bums usually reasonably dry so I dont see its a problem. we use wool at night or fleece and although she still feeds through the night (tho co sleeping means she has booby on tap so cant really blame her :giggle: ) like i said no leaks!! when my washer broke and we went back on sposies til it was fixed the difference was amazing!!! she woke up several times each night, was REALLY restless and SOAKING in the moment with a poor red little bum it was awful :( so yaaaaay for cloth bums :wine: :wine: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 pm

I hate Gracie's nappies to be wet on the outside in the morning. Wildchild night nappies are always bone dry in the morning and LLS are only slightly damp (I do add a really small bamboo booster to that though)
We have a bedbug and 2 Dreamscapes and they are always pretty damp (not soaked though) but to me that is too wet :oops: The Dreamscape with organic cotten core is better though.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I had Connor in a WNNN last night with a pul wrap and this morning there was a small wet patch on the outside of the nappy but the rest of the outside was fairly dry. Was quite surprised as I expected it to be saturated.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:51 pm

We used WNNN or boosted bamboo Sandy's, they are always damp at the front (he sleeps on his tummy) but dry on his bottom. We use a mixture of PUL or fleece.

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies