hf1

Minki huggles and ellas house

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Minki huggles and ellas house

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Has anyone used either of these overnight? Ive aquired a couple so will be trying one tonight. The Minki has come with a big thick booster but the ellas house nappy just has one small lay in booster which doesnt look to be enough, what do you use to boost them?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Minki huggles and ellas house

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:00 pm

We used huggles on Isabelle yonks ago and boosted with easy-peasy-hemp inserts but I found them very bulky for the absorbency...

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Well i put Sandy to bed in one of the huggles plus the minki booster plus a microfibre one, his bum was massive so we shall see how it does overnight :D

Ive got 2 of each so i might put a couple on the classifieds and buy another wee notion lol

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:07 pm

I only ever used to use minke huggles on my DS overnight...nothing else around at the time would work (before the days of bamboo and soy etc lol)

They were HUGE, but I loved them! They were so reliable :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Thats good to know, thanks :) Did you just use one of the minki soakers or did you add something else?

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I used wool longies/shorties or a fleece wrap with them :)

We had Ellas house nappies too, but they were also the old style hemp ones that took about a week to dry and were nowhere near absorbent enough for nights.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Yep we use shorties or fleece over the top of night nappies too :)

I think the ellas house ones are hemp, they did take ages to dry when i prewashed them. They dont look as if they are going to be absorbant.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm

I love Huggles, they were the only nappy that could cope when Jas was an uber-wetter. The attached booster was never enough, I always added at least two hemp or bamboo boosters

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:05 am

Well huggle + minki supersoaker + microfibre cloth folded into 3 + fleece wrap worked ok, the outside of the nappy was a wee bit damp but not too bad.

I will try one of the ellas house ones tonight i think, although i think im going to have to boost it really heavily :-?

Return to Night Nappies