hf1

How wet is too wet?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

How wet is too wet?

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 pm

This mornings nappy was soaked as far as the tabs... she was in a bedbug, boosted with its inners and a puddlekins bamboo booster with fleece liner. I read yesterday that the outside shouldn't be soaking so this worries me slightly :( Her bum was ok, she woke once for a feed and went straight back to sleep so I don't think she was uncomfortable....

But I've had to wash her grobag, her soaker needs lanolising and everything smelt of nappy/wee. Does it depend on how much she drinks? Though saying that she drinks well and we haven't had this problem before :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: How wet is too wet?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Too wet is it leaks or wicks...
I've taken nappies off that were very very very soggy all the way through but no leaks so I consider this ok...

If however you've had to wash everything I would say the wool might well not have been lanolised enough times but also that bedbugs don't suit all babies for nights...

If you've not had the problem before what does she usually wear?

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How wet is too wet?

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 pm

This nappy is one of five used at nights.... and we've never encountered issues. The others are a puddlekin silent nights, popalini something or other, and a bamboo velour bedbug. I boost with the lay in inners that come with the nappies and then either a PK BB, or other bamboo/hemp boosters I've got and fleece liner on top. Nothing was wet - clothes or bedding but all smelled faintly a mix of nappy/wee/wool.

Think my woolies need lanolising and I'm planning on stripping the nappies, will this help absorbency?

Return to Night Nappies