hf1

What is your favorite night nappy and night nappy cover?

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:06 pm

I find the nappy is all important.

With a Night Notions, Hollow Oak or Dreamscape the nappy is often dry or only slightly damp to touch in the morning so all wool works well.

I also love my Punky Padding with one booster or Fussybutt with one booster. Or Cottonspuds with Babeco night booster.

Minkis used to be good with DS but wool/bamboo is better IMHO.

The wool wraps that are brilliant are Couche Covers, Kiwi Pies, Luxebaby and Fussybutts. Think I need to try a Hollow Oak one!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Well the best consistent night nappy has to be a standard minki. However it needs the right boosting which is: ellas house hemp insert + large HH stuffin (inc. the oval) + blueberry microfibre insert. Yes it is huge. Then my next favourite are the weenotions night nappy, but after the mega wee the other night it looks like we will add a little more hemp in the pocket. Suppose I should look into wool for the night, but I love longies for the day - too nice to wear to bed.

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 pm

No contest here :wink: cotton terry quick flip with a kiwi fleece covered wrap over the top. If anyone has been drinking heavily right before bed we go with a slim bamboo booster between nappy and wrap, or between folds. These go easy 12 hours in our house and have done for 3 babies now.
Before the quick flips started being made and tested I would use a prefold nippad with a padfolded prefold between that and the wrap.

My avatar
Skatey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Skatey » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:19 pm

We always use wool and my fave nappy is any of my own boring home made ones as they have pockets for extra stuffing and haven't leaked yet.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Well still experimenting here, so no firm fav yet - I think it would include some wool if I wasn't too busy trying to use them in the day and feeling guilty that our massive supply of sleepsuits would not be getting used. Oh and I got used to boosting to last til 4am and then (everything crossed) we have just started missing out that nappy change and gone a few more hours.

So far it does include 6 layers of bamboo boosting with anything :shock:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What is your favorite night nappy and night nappy cover?

Postby rhead » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 pm

I never had any problems with a Bumble (with the snap-in booster) for ds; with dd we've been using size 1 Little Lamb bamboo nappies (with the bamboo booster) with great success. Fabulous nappies, they've stayed lovely and soft and they go 12+ hours easy... but they take about 2 days to dry! I like fleece-lined nappies for nighttime as it's such a long stretch, but sticking in a separate fleece liner seems to work just as well.

I think the key is the wrap - we use ME Airflows and never have leaks. Tried Nature Babies early on and they wick straight through!

My avatar
mum-of-3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mum-of-3 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:27 pm

My favourite night time nappy is definitely Cuddlebuns quick dry ---> http://igulee.fi/product_info.php?cPath ... ucts_id=63
mine is made of with terry jersey (? sorry am not sure of the material name in English) outer, velour inside with two booster flaps made of bamboo (jersey). As a wrap I use a popper fastening wool wrap made by igulee.fi ---> http://igulee.fi/product_info.php?cPath ... ucts_id=72

I also like totsbots bamboozle and bumpy wool wrap but not as much as the CB... :)

My avatar
olliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby olliesmummy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:05 pm

i can always rely on using a Bumhugger on Oliver and i use a homemade wrap over the top, I use this without fail every night and it has not let us down yet. :)

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:27 pm

am thinking our babies must wee for england, most of these combo's wouldn't get us through :( we need boosted bumbeano bumboo with two easy peasy hemps, is this becuase they feed so much at night still? Would need to use three or even four boosters on a twt clwt bamboo to get through the night in it and a regular tots lasts about 3-4 hrs max

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies