do we need night nappies

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

do we need night nappies

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:50 pm

:idea:
we still don't own any night nappies, we don't boost any of our day fitteds not even at night,
is there a certain age we will need them she wears her nappy at night for about 10 hours max, she still :bf: at least 2-3 times too,
i am thinking of getting some but just wondering if I should wait a bit longer so she can go straight into a large and we have mastered woolies?
we use weenotion medium wraps at the mo and know we def won't get a night nappy under those, but our woolies aren't ready yet?
what age did you all start using them?

thanks for your help,

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: do we need night nappies

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Bella wore dedicated night nappies from about 11 months. Until then I had used Bamboozles (until she outgrew size 1 at about 5 months) and Kiwi Quick Flips (until 11 months), both had to be heavily boosted to get through the night. She started using wool overnight at about 4 months and fleece a little earlier than that.

ETA: If you don't need to use dedicated night nappies and have enough nappies to use your day ones during the night, then I wouldn't bother.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Alister has been wearing Night nappies for a few months but none of them work! i find boosting a pocket/fleece pocket works better!
if you can get away with not using one then i wouldnt bother!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:49 pm

WTS. I'dleave it and see if you actually need to get any. Katie didn't start wearing dedicated night nappies until she was in larges but TBH I'm not sure she really needs them as they are never very wet. We'd probably get away with using a day fitted slightly boosted.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

I guess ill go for more pretty day fiiteds then :giggle: :giggle: she will prob turn into a super wee machine now!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm

We've needed night nappies since about 5 months but nathan's quite a heavy night wetter although seems to be getting less so!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm

My two dont really need night nappies, but i just like to have seperate ones so I know where I am with washing etc. I have Weenotions, but only use the 3 length insert and don't use the 2 length one.

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 pm

We've been on night nappies for a month or 2 now with DD, but we don't use wool, just fleece. She'd be leaking every morning otherwise (actually, still does leak some mornings!and not from compression (unless she secretly rolls over onto her belly when she sleeps, then flips back over when shes hungry :giggle:))

With DS, we used boosted pockets until he was about a year, then used disposables (before I realised there was such a thing as night nappies :giggle:) started using NN with him last summer-ish, and am now trying to combat his leaking issues.

If we could get away with boosted day fitteds I would (boosted fitteds dont last DD longer than a few hours), so I'd leave it a while - NN are an expensive business to get into!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 pm

cvdbout wrote:We've been on night nappies for a month or 2 now with DD, but we don't use wool, just fleece. She'd be leaking every morning otherwise (actually, still does leak some mornings!and not from compression (unless she secretly rolls over onto her belly when she sleeps, then flips back over when shes hungry :giggle:))

With DS, we used boosted pockets until he was about a year, then used disposables (before I realised there was such a thing as night nappies :giggle:) started using NN with him last summer-ish, and am now trying to combat his leaking issues.

If we could get away with boosted day fitteds I would (boosted fitteds dont last DD longer than a few hours), so I'd leave it a while - NN are an expensive business to get into!

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: will save it till we have too then, she wees alot in the day but we have pretty good day nappies :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Night Nappies