Decent 2 parter night nappies?

My avatar
Ruth_JB
Clothie
Clothie

Decent 2 parter night nappies?

Postby Ruth_JB » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 am

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to find a decent nappy for night time for Nathan, and having to resort to sposies :cry:

He is a very heavy wetter as he drinks so much water and uses 1 microfibre and 2 boosters during the day and these are soaked in 3 hours.

I imagine I won't get a decent pocket nappy that will hold up all night (10-12 hours straight - we use ittis and BGs) so thinking of getting a 2 parter, I've just bought a Motherease Sandy to try and I already have some wraps. But what other nappies would be good for night?

Please no one recommend WNNN as I am currently on limited funds, no matter how much I want one! :giggle:

Although if enough people say how amazing they are for night time I guess I could try and persuade the other half that we NEED one! :giggle:

xx

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Decent 2 parter night nappies?

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:53 am

I have some Ellas House nappies in the for sale section :wink: They didnt work for us (read that as they did work but id rather have minki outer WN lol, shhh dont tell dh) but ive heard people really rate them. We had some huggles which worked too but they were mahoosive with all thye boosters in.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:02 am

Hi I would definitely recommend looking at the classifieds section. I have just moved to using cloth at night and have bought different night nappies on there to try and they work out alot cheaper than a pocket new or night nappies new from a shop. Plus if you don't get on with them you could probably sell them on for what you paid for them.

I have been trying out 2 UDNN one bamboo one soy, 1 WNNN, and a hollow oak. I have another wnnn, hollow oak and holdens landing on their way.

Hope you find something that works.

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am

Forgot to say that you might want to get a mother and baby magazine as there is a voucher for a free little lamb nappy in there. I think some people manage to use that as a night nappy.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:05 am

i just sent you a long reply, then you changed the title or it got moved and it deleted my reply! (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

right...motherease sandies wont work overnight for a heavy wetter hun (ask me how i know!) lol

i recently had to try little lambs bamboo nappies overnight as we was and still are waiting for our new wnnn to arrive and so we didnt have enough night nappies. i boostered them with another 3 layer bamboo booster, did them up and then added a hemp booster between the nappy and fleece soaker....it lasted him 12 hours...yes it was wet when i took it off but there was no leaks...they are a cheaper alternative for you and if you buy this aprils mother and baby magazine (out now) they have a voucher near the back of the magazine for a free little lambs nappy so even cheaper for you.

another idea for you would be a standard minki...its a fleece and pul pocket, they have huuuuuuuuuge pockets for stuffing and last ethan 12 hours but they are quite bulky.

also we have just started using fleece soakers and they have been fabby, no leaks at all..i would highly reccomend them.
wnnn are lovely and a very good night nappy (i have just recently got into them and am awaiting more in the post) but they are pretty expensive...if you ever do decide to get one get a minkee outter hun as for a heavy wetter they stay drier....i am not loving my bamboo outter one at all but it was trial and error as i got it preloved.
good luck x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 am

helenNt wrote:Forgot to say that you might want to get a mother and baby magazine as there is a voucher for a free little lamb nappy in there. I think some people manage to use that as a night nappy.

ooooh we crossed posts lol :giggle:

My avatar
Ruth_JB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ruth_JB » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks guys, will have a nosy in the classifieds :giggle:

angiepangie2809 wrote:i just sent you a long reply, then you changed the title or it got moved and it deleted my reply! (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

also we have just started using fleece soakers and they have been fabby, no leaks at all..i would highly reccomend them.

Sorry I posted in another section and then realised there was a night nappies section and moved my post :oops:

So glad to hear you recommend fleece soakers as I just bought one a couple of days ago to try out as I couldn't really afford wool so can't wait to try it now, I do actually have a LL bamboo knocking about that I'd completely forgotten about so will dig it out and give it a try! :D

x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 am

Ruth_JB wrote:Thanks guys, will have a nosy in the classifieds :giggle:

angiepangie2809 wrote:i just sent you a long reply, then you changed the title or it got moved and it deleted my reply! (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Sorry I posted in another section and then realised there was a night nappies section and moved my post :oops:

So glad to hear you recommend fleece soakers as I just bought one a couple of days ago to try out as I couldn't really afford wool so can't wait to try it now, I do actually have a LL bamboo knocking about that I'd completely forgotten about so will dig it out and give it a try! :D

x

excellent! its worth a try hun. i use fleece liners so i put a big one ontop of the little lamb so any wetness isnt on his skin...if you know what i mean....And i realy love the fleece soakers...i have to go up a size to fit comfortably over his night nappies but thats ok....and you do have to wriggle them into them as they seem very snug when trying to pull it up over the nappies but thats nornal too. good luck hun x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 pm

If you have a really heavy wetter then you definitely need a dedicated night nappy. I very much doubt any day nappy would last the night even if it was heavily boosted. We use Puddlekins, Flutterby Fluff, Hollow Oak and Wee Notions night nappies. I'd do as the others recommend and keep an eye on the classifieds for a preloved one if you can't afford a new one.

Next

Return to Night Nappies