hf1

The big wet

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

The big wet

Postby Rae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am

Well we woke up this morning with a bit of wee on the pj's. I opened up the minki and the HH stuffin was saturated, as well as the ellas house hemp and the blueberry microfibre. It might be time to add even more hemp - but gees the nappy gets heavy with all that hemp (and that's before it gets wet). It's just amazing how she has gone from using a bumgenius overnight (with just the microfibre) to this in a few short months.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 am

I'd skip the microfibre altogether Rae and just go with hemp topped with bamboo or cotton...

Amazing how they go from so little to needing so much though!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 am

Velvetsteph wrote:I'd skip the microfibre altogether Rae and just go with hemp topped with bamboo or cotton...

I agree with Steph there, have just done that with Ryan as we were having problems with night nappies too and its made a huge difference. Have bought some great night time boosters from Babeco recently too.

Louise

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: The big wet

Postby kt24 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: My goodness that is a lot of boosting. I must have a very light wetter. :? Just as well minkis have lots of room for stuffing. :lol:

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:47 pm

i though mine was a heavy wetter but it think you win.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Last night Kayleigh had a wee notions night nappy boosted with an extra hemp (easy peasy). However she did a poo at 10:30 that night. I think that may have lasted her though (it was quite wet even after the 3.5 hours it was on).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:50 pm

You might find this interesting Rae

We got our weenotions night nappy last night - and compared with what I've been putting on Isabelle I would say it's about 1/2 as much absorbency!

That said I was very impressed - I popped it on her unwashed, I got the cotton outer but hemp inner, and aside from a slim bamboo booster over the hemp (as it was unwashed) it was as is... Well it lasted the night!

Now perhaps she just didn't wee much last night as it wasn't even that soggy - but I was quite impressed...

Perhaps I've been over stuffing Isabelle!

You might want to investigate weedies - we've got a large and its ENORMOUS! I stuff with things like a large bamboo terry, two easy peasy hemp inserts/boosters plus bamboo boosters usually at least... And yes it's HUGE but once covered with custom woolies and she's asleep who's bothered!
That will last the night anytime no matter what she's drunk!! :D

Also what do you cover the nappy with at night? I find PUL leaks loads but fleece was better and wool better still...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:39 pm

I've never used fleece as an outer. I also think that my longies are so lovely it would be a shame to use them at night :? So have been using PUL. Have found my airflows are the only PUL that works, as I get wicking out the top if I use nature babies etc. Will try longies tomorrow if the weenotions night nappy is dry.
Tonight she is in a minki with 3 ellas house hemps + a cotton booster. Fingers crossed.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Just to prove that she likes to mix things up, Kayleigh was dry this morning, and the bottom layer of hemp was barely peed in. Think I got to her before she had her morning wee.

Next

Return to Night Nappies